Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, did the search thing and I need a week just to read all the threads.....lol

I just have a couple quick questions/thoughts....

I have a Top Banana Daytona, or should I say my husband does, and as many of you know they came out in lots of 4000 per color. How many of you think that that number was too big for a limited production car?? There are dealers with Go Man Go's and Top Banana's still on their lots for sale and now they are releasing the Red. It absolutely killed us waiting for the top banana to be released and then ours got messed up and ......well, that is a long story with a happy ending.:)

What I was curious about is, will they make the challenger a limited production car and PLEASE if they do, do something cool like 2000 of each color and give color options to choose from like maybe 2 color choices to start....ie, Hemi orange(the true Orange) and Plum Crazy!!!!!!!:p

It is just an idea. The limited car would be like the Daytona---cool graphics, special Hemi 5.7 or 6.1, manual tranny only.......performance seats, stuff like that.

Just my thoughts.............:)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Legion681 said:
Limited production is not a good idea, no thanks.
no, like limited production aka Daytona edition, etc.. not limited on the line of challengers, I agree with the idea of 'special editon' cars.. ones with different body panels, graphics, maybe an exhaust package, etc..

·
Registered
184 Posts
Polaris77 said:
actually you're artwork helped to persuade her.
This color is closer to In-Violet. Plum Crazy is a light mauve metallic that I haven't seen on any photoshopped cars. It is a very distinct color.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
firstmethod said:
This color is closer to In-Violet. Plum Crazy is a light mauve metallic that I haven't seen on any photoshopped cars. It is a very distinct color.
Plum Crazy and In-Violet are the same color, just different names.... I have owned both and still have a Plum Crazy '70 Challenger T/A

...PC was the Dodge name,

...InV was the Ply name,

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
firstmethod said:
Interesting. After researching it.. you're 100% correct. Thanks for the info.
they did this for many of their colors

Plymouth.....................Dodge

Tor Red ...Hemi Orange
Moulin Rouge... Panther Pink
Inviolet... Plum Crazy
Vitamin C ...Go Mango
Green Go... Sassy Grassy

etc etc etc.......

·
Registered
419 Posts
I hope and pray these cars (in regular production trim) aren't limited production cars. Would be a big mistake IMO. I also think that the traditional colors such as plum crazy purple, hemi orange and so forth will be offered, but not on the regular production models. They will create some kind of special package (just like the Daytona Chargers), give a couple decals and maybe one or two other minor upgrades, and charge like $5,000 more to really make a profit on them. And of course they will be limited production models. This is only my thoughts, but I bet that's how it shakes out.

·
Registered
89 Posts
One thing you can bet on is we won't see a full palette of colors to choose from like the Old Days. 14 Colors, on any random Challenger? Forget about it. Also there will be no factory stripped models either, no mix and match on options and only one rear gear ratio. Option packages only. Look to the Charger for an indication of how things will likely be. Its kinda sad but truthfully if they crack down on the weight and keep it under 3900 lbs I'll be happy with whatever they produce. I really, sincerely hope I'm wrong. Come on DCX surprise us.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts