Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to have both ? I was told you would have to mechanically disable the traction control. Isn't it completely disabled when you push the button?

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
On an SRT it is completely disabled with holding the button. RTs without TP or STP you have to use the key trick or your predator to turn it off. This is for 10s and before. Not sure about 11s but your signiture says you have an 08 so that should be true.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On an SRT it is completely disabled with holding the button. RTs without TP or STP you have to use the key trick or your predator to turn it off. This is for 10s and before. Not sure about 11s but your signiture says you have an 08 so that should be true.
Great, how long do I have to hold the button? If I just push and release it shows that it's off, but sometimes it feels like it is still working, (it wont spin the tires)

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
You just hold it in for a few seconds and you should see a brake light indication of some type and mr squiggly. Not sure if its ABS or the other brake indication.
Here's what they say about with STP and I think SRTs are the same.
With the "Super Track Pak" on the R/T J or R/T Classic, no "key trick" is needed to get full off ESP.
IF you look at your dash you will have Mr. Squiggly. (ESP 1/2 off) and your ABS light (Brake) will be ON. You are now in total OFF mode. Have fun and be careful as you have no brake assist.

Braking will not be as good as you may have become accustomed to.

So now all your traction control and ESP are fully OFF and you can smoke tires till they turn into drag radials! This is continued until the vehicle is stopped and IGN OFF/ON and Engine Start cycle is re-initiated

While in PARK, press and hold ESP off button until the system chimes.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Great, how long do I have to hold the button? If I just push and release it shows that it's off, but sometimes it feels like it is still working, (it wont spin the tires)
when i had the 07' charger r/t i was going through the same problem with disengaging the tracktion control 100%. a guy at the track told me go about 5-10 mph holding the egnition to start and hold it , so i did and i heard a tone , than i let it go and it worked. ( the esp, abs, ext. light's stayed on) i than got a predotar and and thought it would have something in there but could'nt find it ( witch was weird because at the track somebody showed it to me, unless im going crazy) the only thang in there was the dyno mode. than i went to the dealership to ask them for software or something and they said to push the botton in and hold it. that did'nt work ( even did it in the rain to make sure if it worked or not) to bad there is'nt like a fuse you can pull lol.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
If you look at that site you'll see it shows what your saying is the key trick and it's for RTs without STP and from what I've heard all SRTs act like you have STP or have STP.
I just turn on Dyno mode on the predator to turn traction control off

·
Registered
287 Posts
Since you have a 2008 SRT, you don't have a limited slip rear.
It is a 215mm Mennington open.
2009 and up SRT's have limited slip with Getrags.

Brad

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You just hold it in for a few seconds and you should see a brake light indication of some type and mr squiggly. Not sure if its ABS or the other brake indication.
Here's what they say about with STP and I think SRTs are the same.
With the "Super Track Pak" on the R/T J or R/T Classic, no "key trick" is needed to get full off ESP.
IF you look at your dash you will have Mr. Squiggly. (ESP 1/2 off) and your ABS light (Brake) will be ON. You are now in total OFF mode. Have fun and be careful as you have no brake assist.

Braking will not be as good as you may have become accustomed to.

So now all your traction control and ESP are fully OFF and you can smoke tires till they turn into drag radials! This is continued until the vehicle is stopped and IGN OFF/ON and Engine Start cycle is re-initiated

While in PARK, press and hold ESP off button until the system chimes.
Hey thanks! I was doing it wrong I got the mr squiggly but no abs light.
This could also explain the wierd surging I experienced after doing holeshots. In 1st and 2nd gear it felt like I went from 1/2 to full throttle when my foot was to the floor the whole time. Maybe the brakes were grabbing and letting go? I'll check it out tomorrow.
P.S. I am putting the link in favorites :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
Kirk that's a good point. I was talking about traction control. I didn't know the limited slip could be turned on and off on any of them.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Since you have a 2008 SRT, you don't have a limited slip rear.
It is a 215mm Mennington open.
2009 and up SRT's have limited slip with Getrags.

Brad
Yeah, I want one and was told I'd have to permanently disable the traction control in order to benefit from the swap.
A blown hemi with a one legged rear end and 3:06 gears is not the best combination

·
Registered
287 Posts
I changed the 215mm 3:06 in my R/T auto to a 226mm 3:91 Getrag.
Not a problem at all with the traction control or ABS.
I also am running a 1 1/2" taller tire on the rear than the stock size on the front.
The Predator will change the PCM for the different gears and tire height.
I have a supercharger also on mine.

Brad

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I changed the 215mm 3:06 in my R/T auto to a 226mm 3:91 Getrag.
Not a problem at all with the traction control or ABS.
I also am running a 1 1/2" taller tire on the rear than the stock size on the front.
The Predator will change the PCM for the different gears and tire height.
I have a supercharger also on mine.

Brad
Impressive E.T. What was it with stock differential?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I changed out the rear gears as soon as I bought the car.
Never had a chance to run the stock gears.
Others here who changed theirs liked the results.

Brad

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I changed out the rear gears as soon as I bought the car.
Never had a chance to run the stock gears.
Others here who changed theirs liked the results.

Brad
Yeah I'll bet. That will be my next purchase.
I completely disabled the traction control today and punched it from about a 10 mph roll. The tires didn't stop spinning until I let off the throttle, It's like a different car. I didn't have alot of room so I'll have to wait to try another 1/8 mile run.
Thanks guys for helping me figure this out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts