Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 RT keeps getting forced into limp mode. It kicks me into neutral until I can put car in park and restart. It happens sometimes when I shift from first to second on a hard start. It will happen almost everytime if I disable the traction control using the dash button. If I disable and WOT it will kick car at the 1 - 2 shift point. Any Ideas? Is this normal?

2010 RT 5.7
Kooks Headers & high flow cats
Mopar CAI

·
Registered
530 Posts
It's always happening? If you go past the rev limiter I think it will go into limp mode. If you WOT until it shifts on it's own it could be causing that. Can get a tuner and increase the rev limiter. It happens to me sometimes and what I end up doing is pulling over and restarting or just leave it in drive and continue trying to rev little, let go, rev, let go until tarnsmission engages again.

Do you get a check engine light?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It happens more often now that it is cold and the car spins the tires more. I got a p0219 engine overspeed code. I have increased the rev limiter to 6200 and still happens. Engine overspeed happens at 6200 rpm and will cause car transmission to lock out until you restart.

·
Registered
530 Posts
It happens more often now that it is cold and the car spins the tires more. I got a p0219 engine overspeed code. I have increased the rev limiter to 6200 and still happens. Engine overspeed happens at 6200 rpm and will cause car transmission to lock out until you restart.
Change the Rev limiter to 6600 (max) and have shift points at 6200.

1,931 Posts
It is probably your trans rev limiter. The engine rev limiter will normally just cut the gas causing a brief hesitation. Hitting the trans limiter will go to limp mode. Been there done that... Try lowering your shift points.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts