Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have just replaced my battery and and accidently crossed my battery cables, I switched them back was on there less than a minute. I went under the hood and smelled a burnt smell, maybe my altenator or burned ground wire? The next day I drove it to the Dodge dealership in limp mode and they flashed my PCM module the only error message is ABS and they don't know how to get my car out of limp mode or why it has ABS light on. Does anyone one know how to solve this or how to get it out of limp mode. Thank you.

Registered
the dealer doesnt know how to exit limp mode????
...and
how do you cross up batt terminals on a challenger exactly?
cables dont reach that far to switch pos for neg with batt mounted correctly and if you flip the batt 180, the terminals would be on the wrong side.
Its pretty much impossible to do, by design.
馃敭

Registered
Check the fuses/relays. Tcm is not part of the ecm and if theres a fuse blown it will not communicate with abs or tcm.

Registered
Check them all. Thats your best bet. The tcm is drivers side. Where your knees at. Black box. Should have two plugs. One plug has 2 wires. Thats positive and ground. Theres a fuse under the hood for tcm and a relay in the trunk. Get a test light and make sure you check every fuse. In trunk box and hood box

Registered
I had a charger while back that a company had built trans and changed tcm. Still was in limp mode. A fuse under hood was broken off one leg. Check fuse and showed good but no power was coming from one leg. Replaced fuse and had power to tcm. Cleared codes and no more issues. Always check fuses first with a tester.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
I had a charger while back that a company had built trans and changed tcm. Still was in limp mode. A fuse under hood was broken off one leg. Check fuse and showed good but no power was coming from one leg. Replaced fuse and had power to tcm. Cleared codes and no more issues. Always check fuses first with a tester.
Thank you I will check again on all the fuses!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Will the fuses and relay have been replaced and the alternator has been replaced, it wanted to shift into 2 gear but put me back in limp mode. ABS light is on, brake light, engine light. Error codes are A/C Can Timeout/not equipped, U1120 Lost Wheel Distance Message, U0121 Lost Communication with Anti-Lock brake system (ABS) Control module. Frustrated!

Registered
The lost comunication code is the key. You need a test light to see if youve got power on the 12v input on abs module. You might have burned the module up. It is replaceable without removing abs pump. Send me a pm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts