Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that Tazer allows us to upe Line Lock for Challenger T/A or ScatPack. Is this a default function of SRT392. How to do Line Lock in SRT392. If it isnt available factory, how do we add it? And if we add it, do we voind any kind of warranty?

·
Premium Member
9,361 Posts
Not sure how we do it but allnew mustangs will have that feature.
I imagine it will be great for a reckless (willfully and intentionally) driving ticket.
Love fast cars but dimwits will be using this at stop lights.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT 392
185 Posts
pretty sure the 392's do not have Line Locks. These would be good at the track for less brake wear... but not really necessary

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure how we do it but allnew mustangs will have that feature.
I imagine it will be great for a reckless (willfully and intentionally) driving ticket.
Love fast cars but dimwits will be using this at stop lights.
But if you check one of Tazer's videos, you will see they are opening the electronic line lock systems through Tazer? Will it voidn the warranty? Any idea on that?

·
Premium Member
9,361 Posts
I'd put money on Chrysler looking for any way not to pay a claim.
A warranty is an insurance policy, who wants to pay out if they can get out of it for no cost?

·
Premium Member
9,361 Posts
I don't believe our cars have a setting to do that to the front brakes.
Luke from Steve White motors would be the guy to ask but almost certain the manufacturer wouldn't go along with doing that.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
The line lock that you get with the Tazer is not a normal SRT function, it is something that the folks at Z Automotive have been able to create. You can buy a Tazer to get it, or for less money (and features) you can just buy the Burnout Box.

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't believe our cars have a setting to do that to the front brakes.
Luke from Steve White motors would be the guy to ask but almost certain the manufacturer wouldn't go along with doing that.
If you see Tazer these videos have unlocked the line lock for srt392 and R/T.

Now the only thing I need to ask is, applying Tazer, will it void the warranty?

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The line lock that you get with the Tazer is not a normal SRT function, it is something that the folks at Z Automotive have been able to create. You can buy a Tazer to get it, or for less money (and features) you can just buy the Burnout Box.
And how to get it in SRT if its a normal function. If you have an SRT, how do we use the line lock?

·
Premium Member
9,361 Posts
Not even your dealer can answer that as they are only a franchisee and if something needed a factory rep to inspect they can say no.
You'd be walking a thin line but realistically, if they can deny the claim they will and say it's your fault.

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not even your dealer can answer that as they are only a franchisee and if something needed a factory rep to inspect they can say no.
You'd be walking a thin line but realistically, if they can deny the claim they will and say it's your fault.
I agree, but so many Scat pack car ownbers are installing Tazer plugin to get Track mode, and this line lock is one feature that gets added while you do it. So you mean to say, all the users who are unlocking track mode in Scatpack, are getting their warranty wrapped up?

·
Premium Member
9,361 Posts
I'll ask you this, are YOU a gambler? All it takes is YOUR dealer to give you grief even if others don't get hassled.
Put it this way, I put the Mopar lift kit on my new Wrangler, if they did the install it's warrantied but since I did it it's not. You're talking about a third party product so I'll just say be careful.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Neither the tazer or burn out box are enabling a "hidden feature" line lock in the R/T, scat pack or SRT. They adding an electronic line lock to the car via software installation or temporary hardware installation. I have the burn out box for my 2012 SRT and I use it at the track to heat the tires. I plug the device into my OBD port (and have to have it in the port if I want the line lock). I pull into the water box, hold the cancel button on the cruise control which activates the front brake ABS system, pump the brake pedal to build the front brake pressure, release the brake pedal and presto my front brakes are locked and the rear wheels are not. To deactivate the line lock I simply take my finger off the cancel button. The tazor unlocks the SRT pages in the scat pack (and perhaps any R/T) and installs software and/or allows the owner to do other functions (I have no idea how many or what but it varies by model year). The dealership would have no idea if I have used the burnout box. I believe the tazor would likely leave software traces that could be detected even after an uninstall but I don't know that for sure. If you have the SRT and are not planning to mod it but want a line lock get the burnout box. If you are going to mod it get the tazor. My car is 5 years old so my warrenty is gone but I would not have expected Chrysler to cover my drive train if it went out of sorts. I am sure a tazer install could be used to void part of your warrenty.

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Neither the tazer or burn out box are enabling a "hidden feature" line lock in the R/T, scat pack or SRT. They adding an electronic line lock to the car via software installation or temporary hardware installation. I have the burn out box for my 2012 SRT and I use it at the track to heat the tires. I plug the device into my OBD port (and have to have it in the port if I want the line lock). I pull into the water box, hold the cancel button on the cruise control which activates the front brake ABS system, pump the brake pedal to build the front brake pressure, release the brake pedal and presto my front brakes are locked and the rear wheels are not. To deactivate the line lock I simply take my finger off the cancel button. The tazor unlocks the SRT pages in the scat pack (and perhaps any R/T) and installs software and/or allows the owner to do other functions (I have no idea how many or what but it varies by model year). The dealership would have no idea if I have used the burnout box. I believe the tazor would likely leave software traces that could be detected even after an uninstall but I don't know that for sure. If you have the SRT and are not planning to mod it but want a line lock get the burnout box. If you are going to mod it get the tazor. My car is 5 years old so my warrenty is gone but I would not have expected Chrysler to cover my drive train if it went out of sorts. I am sure a tazer install could be used to void part of your warrenty.
As you said, Tazer might void my warranty, would a burn out box void my warranty too? How do I get hold of one (burnout box) and whats the price for it?

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
634 Posts
Tazer doesn't add any software to the car, the software is in the Tazer module which gets pluged into the ODB2 port. Tazer allows access to features that are present but not accessible on some models. For example, the Tazer enables Scat Packs to access Track and Custom Drive Modes that are available on SRT's. As well, Tazer manipulates existing capabilities to provide new functionality. For example, pressing 1 existing steering wheel button then holding another enables line lock by locking the front brakes until the held button is released.

As for warranty, it depends on the dealer. My salesman told me they have installed Tazers and custom diesel tunes for customers and are liberal about mods. None the less, I will return all settings to default and remove the Tazer before taking the car in for service. That way they will never know I have the Tazer.

All in all I think the Tazer is a nice toy, it does a lot. I suggest going to Tazer website and reading the manual which describes what the Tazer accomplishes on each model.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
634 Posts

·
Registered
DODGE CHALLENGER SRT392
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, it's definitely going to be a visible mod. With this part, other stuff that will be needed, and the installation Taser may be easier and less expensive:wink3:
Either with this or the Tazer, the dealership will be notified if they run through my car. Every flash we make through the Tazer is recorded, therefore are there any chances of losing the warranty?

In either case, even Tazer pluggins are noticed bny dealership if they run the test even though we plug in out of our car.

Any opinion?

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
634 Posts
In either case, even Tazer pluggins are noticed bny dealership if they run the test even though we plug in out of our car.

Any opinion?[/QUOTE]

Many Tazer discussion on this forum. I don't recall any opinions/expertise that Tazer could be detected unless it was physically present or settings were not returned to default however, I am far from an expert on Control modules. Do you have specific info to confirm it can be detected? If so I think a lot of users on this forum would be interested.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts