Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Is it possible to find some how to install or have line lock on my 2012 R/T? Tc off lets me just chirp the tires and that's it..once in a while I'd like to just do a great standing burn out..yes I know hold the brake peddle down is one way to do it, but even then it's not a real burnout because it seems like the rev limiter..shuts down the power.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,856 Posts
Oh yes, check out the TranZformer by ZAutomotive. It will allow control over all gears’ shift firmness, up and down, and uses the ABS pump to lock the front brakes for a line-lock mode and also has a launch-mode like functionality built in too.

Im a huge fan of the device, but I’m in the minority evidently. Most everyone likes their Tazer device much more than the TranZformer, but I’ve never had a new enough car to really use the Tazer to its fullest potential (plus it doesn’t allow the shift firmness control like the TZ).

Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Premium Member
10,521 Posts
Check out the Tazer :)

- Alexis

·
Registered
774 Posts
Tazers were always super inconsistent on my 13’ rt. Would work once then not again for a week. Had multiple emails back and forth with zautomotive and they kept saying they were working on a software update. Sold it.

Hurst makes a line lock kit for the challenger:

Hurst 5671520 Hurst Roll/Control, Line/Loc Kit - Dodge Challenger

Very easy to install. Bleed the front brakes after and the only other thing you need to do is install a switch into the yaw sensor (if you don’t want the car to freak out) or this piece: NoEsp – Z Automotive Lets you fully disable traction control.

Pretty easy to get set up, have one in my charger and challenger. Have worked well for years at the strip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,623 Posts
I know at least two Challenger owners that have gone with the Hurst Line lock, one has a 2010 R/T the other a 392 SRT, both are pretty satisfied with them. Also as stated above it's a fairly easy install.

I'd also recommend the NoEsp switch, I put one on my 2010 R/T, again easy to install and worked great for me.

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,606 Posts
Check out the Tazer :)

- Alexis
The Tazer won't work on a 2010. He should check out the BurnBox unless he wants to install a manual line lock.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is a 2012...so if i by this no esp switch i can just have it installed and be able to do a full burn out??? Not worried about the cost just wanna be able to do a good old fashion burn out...really dont need it to do anything else..

·
Registered
774 Posts
Mine is a 2012...so if i by this no esp switch i can just have it installed and be able to do a full burn out??? Not worried about the cost just wanna be able to do a good old fashion burn out...really dont need it to do anything else..
No esp switch will make the car behave like an old car, that is, the car’s electrics won’t freak out and kill power.
Your rear brakes will still suffer with just the switch and I would contend that your burnouts won’t be real consistent.

I have a line lock and no esp switch in both my cars.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,623 Posts
The NoEsp switch is a pretty easy install. It will allow you to turn the ESP off on your car, which should allow you to do a better burnout as you won't have all those nannies fighting you. Once installed you push your traction control button once for partial off or hold it in for five seconds to turn it all the way off. At least that's how it worked when I installed mine back in 2012, probably still works the same. I'd give that a try and if you still aren't happy with your burnouts I'd go with the Hurst line lock and then you can really light them up lol.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks ilntry that first then...also have to ask about why i have two different yellow lights in the same cluster..one that shows a car with skid marks behind it....which isbthe only one that lighrs up when i hit esp off..then there is another one the same as that but it says off under it...that never comes on at any time no katter what i do...so would both of them come on if i installed the no esp switch??

20200706_201912.jpg
20200706_201851.jpg

Here os the esp light that comes on when button is used..other pic is when i first start the car where they both are on

So no esp switch will still heat my back brakes right??? And price for the no esp switch is??? Compared to the tazer fot 200 bucks...does the tazer stop the use of my back brakes being heated and used up????

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,623 Posts
So no esp switch will still heat my back brakes right??? And price for the no esp switch is??? Compared to the tazer fot 200 bucks...does the tazer stop the use of my back brakes being heated and used up????
Yes the noesp switch will still heat your back brakes up, but nannies don't kick in to make things even more difficult. The price amazingly enough is still $50, which is what I paid for one in 2012. Go to the zautomotive web site, I think the switch is on page two of their products.

·
Registered
774 Posts
As said above, the no esp will kill the nanny systems. Then the line lock will hold just the front brakes and take the pressure off the backs.
Result= standing tire fire burnouts without the wear on your brakes

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,585 Posts
As Nuke said, the Tranzformer will do that also

Line Lock Mode: Push the cruise control stalk while stopped in Autostick, and the ABS internal valves will hold the vehicle with the front brakes so you can hit the gas and do a perfect burnout. The vehicle will not roll until you let go of the cruise stalk. Great for the track or just for fun.

Burnout Mode: Pull the cruise control stalk while stopped in Autostick, and the ABS pump will hold the vehicle with the front brakes so you can hit the gas and do a perfect burnout without even having to pump brake up first.

A Guy

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As Nuke said, the Tranzformer will do that also

Line Lock Mode: Push the cruise control stalk while stopped in Autostick, and the ABS internal valves will hold the vehicle with the front brakes so you can hit the gas and do a perfect burnout. The vehicle will not roll until you let go of the cruise stalk. Great for the track or just for fun.

Burnout Mode: Pull the cruise control stalk while stopped in Autostick, and the ABS pump will hold the vehicle with the front brakes so you can hit the gas and do a perfect burnout without even having to pump brake up first.

A Guy
I dont have a cruise control stalk..all my cruise control settings are on thw right side on my steering wheel...unless im miss understanding what tou mean...

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,585 Posts
Ahhh, wondered about that as I have a 2016, maybe that is a Charger feature

A Guy

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Yea thanks anyways..but thos is what ive got View attachment 997625

2012 rt

The CC stalk verbiage is meant for pre-2011 LXs I think, IDK.

I had one of the Gen 1 TZs on my 2011 Challenger, and I’ve had a Gen2 TZ on both Chargers (2012 & 2014), and all 3 had the same steering wheel as whats in the pic above.

You use the buttons on the steering wheel to actuate, activate, and reconfigure the TZ’s various functionality.

I have to (want to?) make a run to Kerville today to see if I can beat my PB of 44minutes to get there. If it becomes apparent I am not going to beat it, I’ll pull over and demonstrate how easily it is to engage the line-lock mode and do a burn out and post up the footage.

Reactions: Gila Hemi

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Ok....well good luck..sounds like thats what i want then for sure..but do i want the gen 1 or 2 ?
get the gen 1, the gen 2 is meant to provide more functions like the Tazer in that it unlocks the various screens in the EVIC the Tazer folks want. The gen 1 has more functionality in terms of transmission fun (launch mode, 0-30 & 0-60 timer, etc), and I don’t think the gen 2 version will even matter much to the 2012 Challenger. I’m thinking the extras it unlocks aren’t there for pre-2015 challengers.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts