Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,856 Posts
And when I say don’t go crazy with the shift firmness settings, I mean don’t go crazy with the shift firmness settings!

I wanted to see how much I could increase mine before it shifted too hard for my liking, and I got them almost maxed out before I had to dial them back. It got dangerous to drive!

You only think 2nd gear scratch is fun, but wait until it’s raining and you’re trying to navigate a narrow drive-thru window, that’s precisely when you don’t want to lose traction going into second gear!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks Nuke...Then tranzformer gen 1 is what i want???then im gonna start saving for one asap.. Thanks for the info..
Chris.

Oh ok yea not sure il do anything with that setting cause i dont know anything about it....but doing a good ole fashion bernout will be nice once in a while..il have to research things like that..

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Thanks Nuke...Then tranzformer gen 1 is what i want???then im gonna start saving for one asap.. Thanks for the info..
Chris.

Oh ok yea not sure il do anything with that setting cause i dont know anything about it....but doing a good ole fashion bernout will be nice once in a while..il have to research things like that..
yeah, get the gen 1, you won’t benefit much from the gen 2’s different functionality.

And now on a more serious note, I have some bad news: I didn’t beat my personal best driving to Kerville via the Old Harper Rd route

My downfall can be attributed to bad luck thankfully and not a degradation in driving skill or vehicle performance, but it still hurts to come up so woefully short in pursuit of a goal.

But I think a good burnout will lift my spirits, so let me find a good spot in this weird hilly town to do a stinky tire-smoke with the tranzformer’s line-lock, and I’ll post it up to illustrate its engagement using the steering wheel buttons in a Dodge LX car (2011-2014).

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Sorry about the record...ya know it seems very funny to me i never tried to beat time of arrivals before..well untill i got my rt that is..beat some..and lost some due to slower drivers that hog the left lane no matter what...but yea the how to vid will help alot im sure...

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Silly question also..is thw 6.1 the next step up from my rt or is thereanother rt before the 6.1??
6.1L is the next step up but they only came in the 2008-2010 SRT cars (if you’re talking Challengers). Starting in 2011, all SRTs got the 6.4L (392 cu in), and then after 2015 the SRT trim was dropped and the 6.4L option came in the Scat Packs.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Alright here’s how to do a burnout with the Line-Lock using a TranZformer:

I didn’t make it clear in the video, but once you’ve engaged the line-lock, you only have to press the brake pedal and then release it. That locks the front brakes until the Back button is released. So no need to hold one foot on the brakes while mashing the gas; just hold the Back button and you’re golden.

Reactions: Gila Hemi

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Awsome..thanks so much for the video and all the info...so once the burnout starts and thebfront wheels are in linelock...can i release the front brakes to continue my burn out while moving??

Also i do not have a back button on my steering wheel so would it be my page button??? 1594149465113535869226991829202.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Also i do not have a back button on my steering wheel so would it be my page button??? View attachment 997678
yeah, whichever button you use to back up or escape on the EVIC, that’s it.

As far as the brakes go, you don’t have to hold down on the brake pedal at all. You just tap it like you would to start the car - Down/Up - and that initiates the front brakes holding the front wheels. They remain locked as long as the steering wheel button is held down.

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
It takes a lot more effort to convey the actions in text than it does to do them in reality.
  1. Hold Back button
  2. Press + button
  3. tap brake
  4. mash gas and smoke tires
  5. release Back button and try to breath without inhaling acrid rubber smoke

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
6.1L is the next step up but they only came in the 2008-2010 SRT cars (if you’re talking Challengers). Starting in 2011, all SRTs got the 6.4L (392 cu in), and then after 2015 the SRT trim was dropped and the 6.4L option came in the Scat Packs.
yeah, whichever button you use to back up or escape on the EVIC, that’s it.

As far as the brakes go, you don’t have to hold down on the brake pedal at all. You just tap it like you would to start the car - Down/Up - and that initiates the front brakes holding the front wheels. They remain locked as long as the steering wheel button is held down.
Ok...lol sorry for all the questions but id rather ask then guess any day...i also will send pics when i get the tranzformer..thanks again..

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
I think I speak for all of us when I say it’s better to get your questions answered here on ChallengerTalk, in a safe place, rather than from some weirdo in a back alley who could stab you and take your car, leaving you to bleed out on the ground while oblivious prostitutes step over your outstretched limbs grasping for help and the stray dogs fight over whatever gangrenous flesh remains on your dead/dying limbs.

🚷 🚷 🚷 🚷 🚷

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,606 Posts
I think I speak for all of us when I say it’s better to get your questions answered here on ChallengerTalk, in a safe place, rather than from some weirdo in a back alley who could stab you and take your car, leaving you to bleed out on the ground while oblivious prostitutes step over your outstretched limbs grasping for help and the stray dogs fight over whatever gangrenous flesh remains on your dead/dying limbs.

🚷 🚷 🚷 🚷 🚷
Are you speaking from experience here???

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,606 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

🚷 🚷 🚷 🚷 🚷
Ummm yea thinking your right about that one!! Nothing worse than prostitutes steppin over me dripping while wild dogs fight over who is getting what...lol

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,585 Posts
I don't even see Challenger listed for Gen II

A Guy

PS: The obvious Prostitutes, would they be wearing skirts as they stepped over you? Asking for a friend...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

🚷 🚷 🚷 🚷 🚷
Recieved my package today looks great...just got back to ozark from palmetto florida..so should have that air duct installed tomorrow...thanks again bud...

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Recieved my package today looks great...just got back to ozark from palmetto florida..so should have that air duct installed tomorrow...thanks again bud...
Your welcome, but remember our deal - I send the intake tube and you promise not to let up until you surpass 100 mph anytime you execute a passing maneuver!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts