Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hey did you have a senser put on that tube or a spy cam...thats pretty much my everyday passing speed!! Im still working out the cramps in my foot from pushing to hard on the gas pedal !!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hey did you have a senser put on that tube or a spy cam...thats pretty much my everyday passing speed!! Im still working out the cramps in my foot from pushing to hard on the gas pedal !!!
Have it installed..now my bracket is available for my catch can if i decide to put it on. Thanks Nuke.

Also a question about the push button i just purchased..i snapped it into place and tried starting the car...got a damaged key alert??? What now? Also someone said it was prolly takin out by the first guy to do the key trick?? Whats that??

20200710_104945.jpg

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,856 Posts
I’ve never heard of a damaged key alert, did it allow the starter to engage anyway or stop all starting completely?

The key trick is likely a reference to using the FOB itself to manually turn the ignition, but that is dependent on the FOB being shaped like a heart with hooks at the bottom.

If it is shaped like a long rectangle, the FOB can be used to start a push button car that won’t “see” the FOB even though it’s inside the cabin. That is done with the button in place though, so removal of it would seem to rule out this particular trick.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
No nothing engaged..nothing happened the first push then the second push beeped and said damaged key in the evic..and yes i got a key fob with the car and thats how i have started it since ive had it..but i only have the 1 fob...

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,856 Posts
No nothing engaged..nothing happened the first push then the second push beeped and said damaged key in the evic..and yes i got a key fob with the car and thats how i have started it since ive had it..but i only have the 1 fob...
I don’t rightly know on that one, it’s outside of anything I’ve tried to diagnose.

I had a fleet fob for my 2012 Charger and had to push it against the start button to engage the ignition for ACC or RUN, and I had to take to the dealership to figure out what my options were (turns out none were attractive enough to persuade me to spend the money on them)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Yea dont think it matters to me enough to have it at the dealer for sure...always has started with my keyfob so will just keep using that i guess...

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
561 Posts

Maybe those will help?

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Will be posting a free red catch can still new never used or hooked up...bought the upgraded clamps and hose...just pay for shipping..it was for my 2012 challenger rt..didnt buy the right one to have it screw on that bolt after removing the silencer. Any links for the one i need i prefer red...thanks.

20200711_080752.jpg
20200711_080815.jpg
20200711_080836.jpg

and the product bar code.

20200711_080920.jpg
20200711_080843.jpg
20200711_081059.jpg

41 - 48 of 48 Posts