Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here goes, I just put 500 miles on my 2019 Challenger, and I'm itching to try line lock. But I don't want to screw up the paint on my quarter panels. I put mud flaps on. Still I don't think that will be enough protection. ----- Any tried and true ideas would be welcome.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Painters tape with paper on your panels

·
Registered
611 Posts
Painters tape up to the top of the wheel well edge and just around the corner of the back end.
Or buy this stuff called “track armor”. It’s essentially the same stickiness as painters tape but clear so you don’t have blue painters tape on your car. It’s designed for cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
318 Posts
Or, wash it off within a day. The splatter from heating up my Nitto NTO5R's came right off.
I have had issues with driving around the burnout box and backing up to it and the line lock malfunctioning.
I am not sure if it's because of the steering wheel not being at 0 degrees or not going forward enough after being in reverse.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Just spray it with PAM or Lucas Oil's Slick Mist...Don't rub it in, just spray it on ...When done, just washes away...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Or, wash it off within a day. The splatter from heating up my Nitto NTO5R's came right off.
I have had issues with driving around the burnout box and backing up to it and the line lock malfunctioning.
I am not sure if it's because of the steering wheel not being at 0 degrees or not going forward enough after being in reverse.

A lot of tracks won't let you back into the water box...Like you say you are doing...

·
Registered
318 Posts
A lot of tracks won't let you back into the water box...Like you say you are doing...
At PIR in Portland OR quite a few folks do it.
I need to get skinnies.
The last time I drove through I drug enough water up that I had a 2.6 60 ft time and I'm sure the guy behind me was hating me also.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Geddex Burnout Guard...can buy it from Jeggs or Amazon.

Spray it on (DO NOT WIPE); let sit for 15-30 seconds then spray a second coat.

When you get home from the track, simply hose it off (or pressure wash spray it). It doesn't stick to the paint, and limits any track prep or rubber nubbins from sticking.

·
Super Moderator
12,530 Posts
PPF = Paint Protection Film. Example

A Guy

·
Registered
520 Posts
In my experience rubber from street tires is easily removed with normal washing or pressure washing. Rubber from drag tires is another story. Plastic inner fenders, mud flaps and the underside of the trunk floor get a healthy coating. I have been spraying WD-40 on the inners and mud flaps when the drag radials are installed. It helps but still requires scraping and pressure washing to remove the sticky rubber. I don't try to remove the rubber that gets on the under side of the trunk floor but have closed the rearward vents in the inner fenders to prevent rubber going through to the trunk floor. I normally use painters tape on the exterior but sometimes don't. The car is waxed a couple of times per year so the rubber that sticks to the paint can also be removed by pressure washing but it takes a little effort.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That Luxe product looks good. Thanks ---- I also took pam and sprayed up my old saturn. Because I wanted to see how it affected the paint. It seemed ok to me. Left it on for a little while than washed it off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
9 Participants
The Green Hornet
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing