Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2015 sublime Scat Pack the other day and I am going to pick it up later this week. Well anyways the first thing I am doing is getting rid of those 245 tires on the rear and putting 315's on. But in order to do that I need to get the rim widened. Which is possible. But i thought it would be cool to see if I could get the rim with a 1in-1.5in lip on the rear rim. I am in contact with a specialty rim store to see if it is even possible. But I am thinking it would look sweet on just the rear rim. My scat pack looks just like this 2015-dodge-challengers-36-1.jpg if anybody is good with photoshop could they see what it would look like with those rims to have a 1.5in lip on the rear rims if it at all possible, I am terrible at photoshop. This is kinda what I want but less dramatic
shelby-mustang-deep-dish-wheels.jpg Thanks all, and its good to be apart of the challenger crew.(Was a part of the camaro5 crew before)

·
Registered
R/T Scat Pack
124 Posts
I don't have any info for ya, but I am definitely interested to see how it turns out. I think the Challengers look great with a bit of a dish on the wheel.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T ScatPack Shaker
62 Posts
I thought someone posted earlier this year that the SRT rear wheelwells are different somehow to allow for a wider rim & tire.... does anyone remember? Is it a seam missing, or relocated, or inside edge rolled differently???

·
Registered
605 Posts
I thought someone posted earlier this year that the SRT rear wheelwells are different somehow to allow for a wider rim & tire.... does anyone remember? Is it a seam missing, or relocated, or inside edge rolled differently???
The rear fenders are rolled from the factory on all 2015+ challengers in all trim levels.

R.K.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have seen multiple people put 10.5 or 11in wide rims on the 15's and specifically the Scat Packs. Because the fender is rolled you cannot put wider rims on the car?!?!?! HAHAHA

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have seen multiple people put 10.5 or 11in wide rims on the 15's and specifically the Scat Packs. Because the fender is rolled you cannot put wider rims on the car?!?!?! HAHAHA
Are you talking to me??? If you are, then the 15+ cars can swallow 11.5" wide wheels on the rear.

R.K.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T ScatPack Shaker
62 Posts
Now that I think about it, I was months-ago watching one of the online reviews of the Challenger which talked about the SRT vs Scat Pack where it was mentioned that the wider tires weren't put on non-SRT/Hellcat models because of some inner wheel-well differences. If I can find it, I'll post the link...
But if you guys have tried it and it works, I guess that's all that matters!!!

·
Registered
R/T Scat Pack
124 Posts
Now that I think about it, I was months-ago watching one of the online reviews of the Challenger which talked about the SRT vs Scat Pack where it was mentioned that the wider tires weren't put on non-SRT/Hellcat models because of some inner wheel-well differences. If I can find it, I'll post the link...
The first thing I thought about doing was wider wheels. It's definitely going to take a different offset/backspace. The factory tires about a half inch from the inner fender well. Definitely not saying it can't be done, it just needs to be done right.

·
Registered
828 Posts
But in order to do that I need to get the rim widened. Which is possible.

I learn something new everyday!! I didn't realize you can have wheels widened!! Im very interested in how this turns out!! Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
All 2015 Challenger models, including v-6 models, have "hemmed" rear wheel openings and "rolled" front wheel openings. Thank you Hellcat. If you look at a '08-'14 Challenger you'll see they have old school flat lip openings around the wheel openings.

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
Folks have been wheel widening Challenger rims for quite a while.

It's costly, and IIRC, only forged wheels could be widened. Also, when I checked this option out several years back, only the inside of the rim could be cut for the appropriate spacer to be welded in, so having the rim "extended" on the outside was not an option.

Can't remember the names now, but one company was on the West Coast, and the other in the Detroit area.

Reactions: iMerlin

·
Registered
172 Posts
Folks have been wheel widening Challenger rims for quite a while.

It's costly, and IIRC, only forged wheels could be widened. Also, when I checked this option out several years back, only the inside of the rim could be cut for the appropriate spacer to be welded in, so having the rim "extended" on the outside was not an option.

Can't remember the names now, but one company was on the West Coast, and the other in the Detroit area.
The one in Michigan is Weldcraft.

Welcome to Weldcraft Wheels | Wagtail Demo

Reactions: 19johned53
1 - 13 of 13 Posts