Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been through many threads and trying to gather information on wheel manufacturers (not retailers), so when I shop for the final product I can look at their websites to see everything available. I have noticed that the manufacturer websites are better than many retailers, which is another reason I would like to start this thread. I hope I am not violating any rules.

Here are the ones I have found so far:
Foose
American Racing
US Mags
Circle Racing

Please add to this list so people like me can have a complete list in one thread to shop.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
If you go to Discount Tire or Tirerack, you can see a list of the brand's they carry. Then go from there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you go to Discount Tire or Tirerack, you can see a list of the brand's they carry. Then go from there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Duh... I must have been just to tired when I made this post... A list of websites for the manufacturer would still be nice.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For SRT-8 Only (Some are on Tire Rack, some on Discount Tire, and some are not on either):
Foose
American Racing
US Mags
Circle Racing
Hurst
Asanti
Helo
KMC
Verde
Platinum
AXIS
Sport Muscle
Flow One Race
Avanti DST
ASA
Sport Tuning (I've seen some not so good reviews)
Replica Alloys
Vision
Drag
VOXX
FK Ethos
Liquid Metal
Niche

Well, this may well only help me... LOL

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,718 Posts
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Weld.

Reactions: georgethedog

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,136 Posts
If you don't mind, what is your budget for wheels and what is the look that you're after? Are you staying stock sized tires or want to put something bigger on?

There are some vendors on here that sell some Really Nice wheels, but it depends on what you want to spend and what type of wheels that you want.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,611 Posts
Reactions: silver scat

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The list of wheel manufacturers would choke a horse. From a couple of hundred, to several thousands.

Wheels, Rim & Tire Brands, Designer Wheel Manufacturers, Custom Brand Name Wheels, Rims & Tires

A Guy
Thanks, Guy. Yes, there are a lot for sure. I appreciate your link. That really helps the thread. I'm somewhat limited because I have an SRT-8, but I was really limited when I started this thread because I've haven't bought wheels for a car since 1978... and, the wheel thread is almost unusable with all the pictures gone. I knew some of the major players, but that was it, hence this thread. Thanks a bunch for your contribution!

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you don't mind, what is your budget for wheels and what is the look that you're after? Are you staying stock sized tires or want to put something bigger on?

There are some vendors on here that sell some Really Nice wheels, but it depends on what you want to spend and what type of wheels that you want.
Hi Freddy. Ideally, I would want old school steel wheels that were 17-18". I would settle for old school steel wheels that were 19-20". Take a look at my signature picture. The look I am after is that of a 1971 'Cuda convertible with steel wheels and dog dish caps, or original Rallye wheels. I have been through the threads where 73Duster did his car using police wheels. However, I finally decided that all the holes in the police wheel was just not the look. I have seen the 20 inch retro look Rallye and Magnum 500 wheels and they look strange--out of proportion because of the size, so I quit looking for that. The old school Crager look has been overused in my opinion.

So, I have been looking for something else that would go with the car now without the old school look. People that know me are sometimes grateful and sometimes annoyed at my thoroughness. If I'm going in a different direction than the steel wheels, then I am not going to limit myself to shopping on Tire Rack. I want to see all the possibilities, not just some. I don't want to sink money into wheels and then a day later see THE WHEEL I really wanted but didn't see because I didn't search enough...

As far as budget, it would depend on how much I like the wheel. I like a couple of the Hurst wheels and they are priced in a place that is good because I don't love them ($200-300). I'll pay up to $500 a wheel for something I like and really think it would add to the car more than my stock SRT wheels. I'll pay more if they are the ideal.

Thanks for your interest!!!

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,136 Posts
Hi Freddy. Ideally, I would want old school steel wheels that were 17-18". I would settle for old school steel wheels that were 19-20". Take a look at my signature picture. The look I am after is that of a 1971 'Cuda convertible with steel wheels and dog dish caps, or original Rallye wheels. I have been through the threads where 73Duster did his car using police wheels. However, I finally decided that all the holes in the police wheel was just not the look. I have seen the 20 inch retro look Rallye and Magnum 500 wheels and they look strange--out of proportion because of the size, so I quit looking for that. The old school Crager look has been overused in my opinion.

So, I have been looking for something else that would go with the car now without the old school look. People that know me are sometimes grateful and sometimes annoyed at my thoroughness. If I'm going in a different direction than the steel wheels, then I am not going to limit myself to shopping on Tire Rack. I want to see all the possibilities, not just some. I don't want to sink money into wheels and then a day later see THE WHEEL I really wanted but didn't see because I didn't search enough...

As far as budget, it would depend on how much I like the wheel. I like a couple of the Hurst wheels and they are priced in a place that is good because I don't love them ($200-300). I'll pay up to $500 a wheel for something I like and really think it would add to the car more than my stock SRT wheels. I'll pay more if they are the ideal.

Thanks for your interest!!!
Hi George!

You're Welcome for the interest.

I was going to recommend the Hurst wheels, but if you're willing to widen your interest, then there are some nice wheels to look at. I thought about getting new wheels too and the ones that peaked my interest are the VS Series that Need4Speed sells. If you want the vintage/old school look, there's American Racing wheels too. They are retro looking.

Centerline's have been around forever too and they sell some nice looking retro wheels that kind of remind me of the Hurst wheels.

American Muscle - CENTER LINE WHEELS

Weld also makes a nice wheel that won't break the bank. I had some Drag Lites on a 68 Camaro and they are nice wheels that are LIGHT! Weld also bought out CCW too. I had a set of those on my old C5 (Classics.....18 x 10.5"/295 tire in front and 18 x 12" in back with a 335 tire on). They are a custom built three piece wheel that are probably one of the best deals out there for the quality and for a three piece wheel. I think that there are better choices than the CCW's for our cars, but just wanted to give you another option.

https://www.weldwheels.com/product-category/street-and-strip/

Home - CCWheel

They are priced well for a flow formed wheel and to me, just look Awesome. My favorites are the VS08's because they're really open and show of the Huge brakes on the SRT's. The VS08's are down the page in the middle.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forum...d-construction-wheels-your-challenger-535729/

Here's N4S' vendor threads that have a Wide assortment of wheels to look over. The prices aren't terrible either. I'm not affiliated or anything with them, but just like the assortment of wheels that they offer. The other nice thing about having the OEM SRT hyper black wheels is that if priced correctly, they sell pretty easily. I've seen sets sell for $1500 (without tires or TPMS stuff), which could offset a good part of the cost of your new wheels.

I think that they are the nicest looking OEM wheel on any car out there and are incredibly high quality wheels. The problem most peeps have is that they aren't wide enough to fit the tire that these cars need.

F14 Forgestars. Nice wheels with an expensive look, but not priced badly for a semi- custom wheel, especially if you want a concave (dished) wheel. You can get the offset that you need to fit the tire that you want on your SRT and also get them in 18's and 19's too, if that's what you want:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forum...e-concave-many-fitments-rotary-forged-100417/

You never know, they might have Black Friday specials going now too.

Good Luck in your search because there are so many choices that it's tough. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi George!

You're Welcome for the interest.

I was going to recommend the Hurst wheels, but if you're willing to widen your interest, then there are some nice wheels to look at. I thought about getting new wheels too and the ones that peaked my interest are the VS Series that Need4Speed sells. If you want the vintage/old school look, there's American Racing wheels too. They are retro looking.

Centerline's have been around forever too and they sell some nice looking retro wheels that kind of remind me of the Hurst wheels.

American Muscle - CENTER LINE WHEELS

Weld also makes a nice wheel that won't break the bank. I had some Drag Lites on a 68 Camaro and they are nice wheels that are LIGHT! Weld also bought out CCW too. I had a set of those on my old C5 (Classics.....18 x 10.5"/295 tire in front and 18 x 12" in back with a 335 tire on). They are a custom built three piece wheel that are probably one of the best deals out there for the quality and for a three piece wheel. I think that there are better choices than the CCW's for our cars, but just wanted to give you another option.

https://www.weldwheels.com/product-category/street-and-strip/

Home - CCWheel

They are priced well for a flow formed wheel and to me, just look Awesome. My favorites are the VS08's because they're really open and show of the Huge brakes on the SRT's. The VS08's are down the page in the middle.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forum...d-construction-wheels-your-challenger-535729/

Here's N4S' vendor threads that have a Wide assortment of wheels to look over. The prices aren't terrible either. I'm not affiliated or anything with them, but just like the assortment of wheels that they offer. The other nice thing about having the OEM SRT hyper black wheels is that if priced correctly, they sell pretty easily. I've seen sets sell for $1500 (without tires or TPMS stuff), which could offset a good part of the cost of your new wheels.

I think that they are the nicest looking OEM wheel on any car out there and are incredibly high quality wheels. The problem most peeps have is that they aren't wide enough to fit the tire that these cars need.

F14 Forgestars. Nice wheels with an expensive look, but not priced badly for a semi- custom wheel, especially if you want a concave (dished) wheel. You can get the offset that you need to fit the tire that you want on your SRT and also get them in 18's and 19's too, if that's what you want:

http://www.challengertalk.com/forum...e-concave-many-fitments-rotary-forged-100417/

You never know, they might have Black Friday specials going now too.

Good Luck in your search because there are so many choices that it's tough. :cheers:
Thanks. I'll be looking at them all in the next day or two. I have them all online in a tab now and I've started to look... We will see.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,611 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks. Yes, I have talked with him quite a lot. He did a great job, and that is exactly what I want... the problem is the 17" wheels won't fit over the brakes on my SRT car, and they don't make them in an 18" wheel. The 18" wheels on 73Dusters car are cool and would work, but I'm afraid I wouldn't like all the holes in those police wheels.

So, for all the R/T owners this is the answer. Sometimes I wish I would have bought an R/T... great car and you can do more to them, and this is a case in point to that.

Hey Guy, I just made a new post with a Magnum wheel I found. Take a look and comment...

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,136 Posts
Thanks. I'll be looking at them all in the next day or two. I have them all online in a tab now and I've started to look... We will see.
You're Welcome!

I just saw that you have a convertible shaker! That's one Beautiful Challenger! :thumbsup:

Do you have any more pictures of her?

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You're Welcome!

I just saw that you have a convertible shaker! That's one Beautiful Challenger! :thumbsup:

Do you have any more pictures of her?
Yes, I can post them. It's not a Dodge shaker car... it has the AFR shaker on it, and it was the car that AFR used to make a shaker to fit a Magnuson SC. I have a long history with Steve at AFR and the car has a lot of his parts on it. I have to find another website to host my pictures since the Photobucket change.

Here is a thread from this summer with a few pictures.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f19/my-afr-cuda-conversion-new-convertible-top-607993/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts