Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the last spot available in the far corner of the parking garage after lunch yesterday. But something told me not to park there as they just put a bench there. I've never seen anybody use the bench, so I figured it was safe and I left room for somebody. Even after I got out of the car, I figured I could move the bench over, but it was cemented down.

I went down to check on it 2 hours later and the car was already key'ed. I'm still absolutely fuming over this. No cameras so my hands are tied. My front end was perfect as I do 0 highway driving - no chips or scratches.....until now.

I was able to get it to a point where its not too noticeable with compound and wax.........never shoulda parked there..........

Attachments

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Bummer - how does that saying goes, "Sh*t happens."

It can - and will - be fixed to near perfect conditions, remember "Life goes on."

·
Registered
279 Posts
Sorry to hear man, sucks. You can try scratch-x...but if it's deep, you'll have to have a shop take care of it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just amazing! Sorry that you had to be on the recieving end of some a55hat's jealousy & frustration.

·
Registered
631 Posts
That sucks, sorry to see that. I've parked and done exactly what you did, but pulled away and went some where else. Sometimes, you just get this feeling, and don't know why, but something says, this isn't right. I've pulled in places and just felt like it wasn't going to be a good place to leave my car. Other times, never gave it a second thought. You're right, go with your instincts. If your gut says don't park some place, don't.

Worse case, take it to a body shop and let them fix it for good. You'll feel better in the end.

·
Premium Member
10,043 Posts
What is wrong with people? There was absolutely no reason to touch the car.
Some people are just evil.

·
Registered
99 Posts
That sucks. I've parked and even got out to go into store. If I find a better spot I'll move. Wife thinks I'm crazy sometime. I don't mind the long walks if I know my car will be safe.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Thats why I park as far away as possible from everyone else and get a little jog in on the way to the store! Sorry that happened though bud. Hope it gets fixed soon!

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Doesn't matter how close or how far you park from any other object---this has nothing to do with being keyed.
I pity the fool whom I find after he keys my car.

·
Registered
519 Posts
i don't get it. what the hell motivates someone to do this.

i've learned over the years to never second guess my gut.

hope she's good as new soon

·
Registered
115 Posts
It was either premeditated, by someone you have interacted with previously or perhaps know. You didn't steal the spot from someone did you? :p
Or it was spontanious, more than likely to be a child or teenager.

·
Registered
185 Posts
That sucks. I've parked and even got out to go into store. If I find a better spot I'll move. Wife thinks I'm crazy sometime. I don't mind the long walks if I know my car will be safe.

Thats why I park as far away as possible from everyone else and get a little jog in on the way to the store! Sorry that happened though bud. Hope it gets fixed soon!
I mentioned this before, parking far away from everyone else when possible is great to avoid accidental dings BUT, some people know what your intentions are and feel the need to act. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case for the OP. There are dumb people out there, that's all I can say:scratchhead:

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Some people are just sick. Why would anyone do such a thing?

·
Registered
474 Posts
I mentioned this before, parking far away from everyone else when possible is great to avoid accidental dings BUT, some people know what your intentions are and feel the need to act. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case for the OP. There are dumb people out there, that's all I can say:scratchhead:
^^ This, there's nothing wrong with putting some distance between yourself and other cars, but parking TOO far away could make you a target because it makes your car stand out more than it already does (being a Challenger). Regardless, it sucks that the OP got keyed, the best thing to do is repair it as best you can or have the bumper repainted and move on.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Who ever did that will never have anything nice. They just can't take care of things. Karma, it will happen. What goes around comes around. Takes a little aging to figure the process out.

Try the Dr Colorchip process. It's a little harder on the vertical spots because it's harder to make the paint stay on. Someone keyed my son's new car at school ( I knew it would happen) I was able to make it disappear from 5 feet away. We could at least live with it. Color match was right on.

I feel your pain, best of luck.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
why don't you go to that area at that time tomorrow and see who is sitting there. ?
The person sitting there will be the one who keyed your car.

I've been trolling past that spot about 15 times so far....nuthin. But what can I really do? I'd love to drag them to the canal out back and hold them under for a while, but the reality is that I have way more to lose now than when I was 25. Last thing my family needs is a lawsuit or lose my job over some scratches. Sucks.

I've never pissed anybody off that I'm aware of. I think they just saw something shiny and had to mess with it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Reward sign - Put a paper on your windshield , saying 100 bucks reward to the person with ANY info on who might of seen my car get keyed. Then if someone comes up to you, you know strike up a small convo, then midway pause. Walk towards the trunk and say, "I got something in the trunk that'll take care of the problem, want to see?" If you see them running, commence the chase.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts