Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
1,893 Posts
depends who you order them from, us, yes, not sure that many dealers are stocking them like we do, we order them very specific, ours with HC injectors, we may change in the future,

we are also discontinuing Diablo and going completely HP Tuner, simply cannot get the same level of tuning with Diablo
Does Diablo know this? It just might light a fire where it is needed, and instead of continuously making new models of programmers, they will put some effort into upgrading the tuning capability of what they already have.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,565 Posts
depends who you order them from, us, yes, not sure that many dealers are stocking them like we do, we order them very specific, ours with HC injectors, we may change in the future,

we are also discontinuing Diablo and going completely HP Tuner, simply cannot get the same level of tuning with Diablo
I was thinking of upgrading to Demon injectors but seems like overkill for the amount of power I am pushing. Apparently the injectors I received are 60# but I would expect even lower duty cycles.

·
Vendor
11,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Does Diablo know this? It just might light a fire where it is needed, and instead of continuously making new models of programmers, they will put some effort into upgrading the tuning capability of what they already have.
who knows, HP Tuner is significantly ahead of the game now

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
who knows, HP Tuner is significantly ahead of the game now
Exactly why I am planning (Hopefully this spring) to go to OST Dyno to get my MDS turned off and a Dyno Tune (to get things started on the way to a new cam and headers eventually). Then once it has an unlocked PCM it can get tuned anywhere that uses HP Tuners. (I am not tuning a thing as I am sure I will screw it up).

Any little bolt ons I should do before the initial tune that I can drive it there with to get the most out of the tune? I was thinking putting in a non MDS 392 Cam and driving it there in sport mode so MDS does not try to kick in and see what the tune picks up with that cam in it. Maybe a True Bore TB and 392 Active intake?

·
Vendor
11,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Exactly why I am planning (Hopefully this spring) to go to OST Dyno to get my MDS turned off and a Dyno Tune (to get things started on the way to a new cam and headers eventually). Then once it has an unlocked PCM it can get tuned anywhere that uses HP Tuners. (I am not tuning a thing as I am sure I will screw it up).

Any little bolt ons I should do before the initial tune that I can drive it there with to get the most out of the tune? I was thinking putting in a non MDS 392 Cam and driving it there in sport mode so MDS does not try to kick in and see what the tune picks up with that cam in it. Maybe a True Bore TB and 392 Active intake?
must be unlocked by HP, cannot be unlocked by a different supplier

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,565 Posts
My 2015 PCM was originally unlocked by DS but I now run HP tuners. Guys on the HP tuners forum have seen issues with DS unlocked PCMs being tuned with HP...one issue is the injector firing can go crazy for no apparent reason.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,565 Posts
Luke, is the 8lbs 3.2 pulley, the exact pulley on below link?

There are 0.400" and 0.440" offset versions but I forget which offset is correct. I know I have used both offsets and had no issues but if luke does not get back to you I can check when I get home.

I source my pulleys from this guy as they are one-piece aluminum. They polish up nicely too.

·
Registered
92 Posts
There are 0.400" and 0.440" offset versions but I forget which offset is correct. I know I have used both offsets and had no issues but if luke does not get back to you I can check when I get home.

I source my pulleys from this guy as they are one-piece aluminum. They polish up nicely too.
yeah was told by Magnusson that our SC utilize .440" offset. thanks for posting the link, another resource for pulley.
so going from 3.4 to 3.2 pulley shouldn't require a new belt and the tensioner should care of the little slop right?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,565 Posts
thanks Luke! the above statement indicates that the apache head flow better.
Well hope so the apache valves are so big that you can't put them on a 5.7 without modifying the block.

As for the SC belt I used the smaller belt (994 if I remember correctly..have to check my older posts) and a thump racing tensioner and no slip. The dayco tensioner is better than stock but still slips when I would downshift to 3rd and hammer the throttle.

·
Vendor
11,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
yeah was told by Magnusson that our SC utilize .440" offset. thanks for posting the link, another resource for pulley.
so going from 3.4 to 3.2 pulley shouldn't require a new belt and the tensioner should care of the little slop right?
will most likely require a new belt

·
Vendor
11,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Well hope so the apache valves are so big that you can't put them on a 5.7 without modifying the block.

As for the SC belt I used the smaller belt (994 if I remember correctly..have to check my older posts) and a thump racing tensioner and no slip. The dayco tensioner is better than stock but still slips when I would downshift to 3rd and hammer the throttle.

replacement pulley

21 - 36 of 36 Posts