Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much power do you think that the Challenger SRT Hellcat would need to beat the C7 Corvette Z06 in a drag race?

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
more power and less weight........ i dont have the energy to really figure it out though.

·
Registered
210 Posts
How much power do you think that the Challenger SRT Hellcat would need to beat the C7 Corvette Z06 in a drag race?
That's impossible to answer. Neither car is available yet. It doesn't just depend on raw engine power. There are other factors like the tires, launch mode software, transmission programming and even aerodynamics.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well, Chevrolet says the ZO6 will have "at least" 625HP and Dodge says the Hellcat will have "over 600HP" ....... :shrug03:

·
Registered
294 Posts
That's impossible to answer. Neither car is available yet. It doesn't just depend on raw engine power. There are other factors like the tires, launch mode software, transmission programming and even aerodynamics.
AND.......... the driver.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
A bone stock auto C7 Stingray went 11.4 in the 1/4 mile, that was on stock tires.....so figure that into the calculations

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The question about Challenger HP

Well, Chevrolet says the ZO6 will have "at least" 625HP and Dodge says the Hellcat will have "over 600HP" ....... :shrug03:

True. The entire question is whether the Hellcat HP will be closer to 600 or 650.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
A bone stock auto C7 Stingray went 11.4 in the 1/4 mile, that was on stock tires.....so figure that into the calculations
Was that on street tires?

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Far more than it's going to get.

A Stingray weighs about 3300 lb; the Z06 has a supercharger, but it also has some weight reduction going on, so maybe a little bit lighter when all is said and done. That's a roughly 1200 lb weight advantage over the Hellcat, and the Z06 also has 335/25ZR20s on the back to help put the power down.

How much HP will a Hellcat need to overcome those disadvantages? I think the real question is, why bother? They're very different cars. If you want a Vette, buy a Vette.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yep, I have seen several C7's hit my drag strip, best run was a high 11 sec @ 117 mph. Average runs are usually in the mid to low 12 sec. range still very quick for a stock car. The new vettes seem to hook up better than previous generations, the C6 vettes spin real bad on street tires at my track.

Reactions: Bad daytona

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,051 Posts
Far more than it's going to get.

A Stingray weighs about 3300 lb; the Z06 has a supercharger, but it also has some weight reduction going on, so maybe a little bit lighter when all is said and done. That's a roughly 1200 lb weight advantage over the Hellcat, and the Z06 also has 335/25ZR20s on the back to help put the power down.

How much HP will a Hellcat need to overcome those disadvantages? I think the real question is, why bother? They're very different cars. If you want a Vette, buy a Vette.
Yep I agree here. Its an apples to oranges comparison. The more appropriate comparison is the Viper vs Vette. Nothing wrong with the Z06 or the Hellcat but doing this comparison....???? as georgejetson put it...why bother.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
The Z06 is not supercharged. The ZR-1 is supercharged. I don't think the Z06 or ZR-1 is available yet in the C7 so the times people are listing are for the Stingray.

Either way the Vette is over 1000lbs lighter and there are calculators out there that will show you how much of an affect this has on the times.

Certainly there are other factors at work but all things being equal you are going to need a ton more power than the already impressive Hellcat comes with.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
It is rather crazy how good those c7 vettes hook with the tires they come with. Youtube videos and 60ft times show 1.5 - 1.6 60ft times purely stock. There are no need for drag radials on those cars. Anyway, comparing a c7 to a challenger is kind of idiotic. class of car is totally different. a supercharged c7 would easily hit 10s. Challengers need, what, like at least 725+ HP to hit 10s plus all the neccessary add on stuff like sticky tires, stall converters, etc to get into the 10s.

·
Premium Member
11,842 Posts
Isn't the new Z06 going to have around 625? They are doing that N/A on a 6.2L V8 motor? Or am I wrong? I could have sworn it was a supercharged V8.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Was that on street tires?

Bone stock Vic...street factory tires.....even factory air pressure in the tires....he took off from idle too.....no kidding...all on video

1 - 20 of 43 Posts