Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is there anyway to access the inside of the drivers side rear quarter panel from inside the car?

Here's the story. Some ******* hammered my rear quarter panel opening his door on one of the few times I took my scat pack out. Saw him do it. Won't go into detail of what went down after, but ended with cops arriving. Cop settled things and took report and told me to submit to insurance. I did. Appraiser from *****s company said that he thinks the crease needs to be pulled and whole back/top of car painted. I DO NOT want to do that. I honestly think that if I can get to the inside of the quarter, I could pop it out and buff it. There is no paint damage. It's right in front of rear tire. I can't access it from the wheel well. Already tried. If I take the rear inside side panel out, will I have access to it? Or is there body skeleton blocking it? If I can't get to it, do you think a paintless dent guy could work it out? I'll try to post a pic. Thanks for any assistance....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hire a good PDR guy, he should be able to pull that dent out from the outside, using a adhesive and PDR tool.

I had a dent on my roof, right above the drivers side rear quarter window and a PDR guy pulled it out in less than 1/2 hour, and it looks like it was never there.

I think it cost me about $150.

Reactions: 3 peddles

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hire a good PDR guy, he should be able to pull that dent out from the outside, using a adhesive and PDR tool.

I had a dent on my roof, right above the drivers side rear quarter window and a PDR guy pulled it out in less than 1/2 hour, and it looks like it was never there.

I think it cost me about $150.

Thank you. That's what I was hoping to hear. Now to find a good one in DE

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not much access from inside I think.

Thanks for the shot. That's what I was afraid of. Glad I didn't start ripping out upholstery to find out. Definitely couldn't get to it. Nice view of the rust generating foam too...

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a PDR guy in Central NJ that did a perfect job on my car with a similar dent.
It was exactly on the body line, about 1 foot behind the door opening.
Now completely gone like magic. :grin2:
May be worth the trip for you:
Dent Wizard (Bruno) Elmwood Park, NJ (201) 773-6307

Reactions: 3 peddles

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
It absolutely amazes me the carelessness of others. I always make it a point to drive as far away as possible to minimize anyone parking next to me. But in the last 48 hours, I had a guy a starbucks in a new Mercedes park next me when there was other open spots that would of kept both of our vehicles from being next to anyone but he parked about 6 inches away that would of required him squeezing out of the car, luckily I was in my car talking to a customer and starred out him and mouthed are you f'n serious, then he repacked his car away from me. Then the same stupid thing at Walmart completely away from anyone 8 open parking areas and as I was returning back to my car some jack-ass just parked next to me, I just stood next to my car and his and watched him get out as he knew I was right there.

Knock on wood, I have had her for close to 2 years and no dings or scratches

·
Registered
675 Posts
PDR (Paint less Dent Removal) should always be your first course of action for any body damage. At worst, quality workmanship will take you to LESS physical body work and paint.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes. Thanks everyone. Found a certified/trained PDR guy locally. Said he can fix it good as new for $260. Scheduled for next week. If it comes out as he expects, I'll post his info...

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Good luck!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Has anyone used PDR kits? Or is it a craft not worth trying.. ie. leave to the professionals.

·
Registered
32 Posts
For the $150 charged by the PDR pro, not worth the risk as a DIY.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well, Steve Camperson who owns 'No Evi-Dents' located in Delaware; came last week for the repair. Let me just say that I'm amazed at his skill. He located a small factory hole in the rear wheel well, and worked his tools thru there. Completely removed the dent and buffed the area. Cannot tell it was ever there. He said the hardest part of PDR is blending the fixed area with the factory paint job. The repair actually ends up much smoother than the factory paint, so he has to blend it with fine dimples to simulate the factory orange peel. Cannot express how pleased I was to have some one come to my house and fix my car perfectly for under $300. I will no longer fear parking lots...

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just went through the same exact thing - $200 spend but you can not tell it was ever there. Amazing.

To the earlier post about parking far and away from others - it never ceases to amaze me that when I do that, some jackass in a POS will almost ALWAYS park next to me, irregardless of the sea of open spaces available.

Reactions: silver scat
1 - 16 of 16 Posts