Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,123 Posts
Looks good!

I noticed in the background that your interior has some red highlights along the contour lines of the dash and such. I’m going to assume that is like that from the factory, which means the interior designers stole the whole “50 cent mod” idea that people used to do to their LXs a while back. Something tells me that red highlight on the interior option adds more than $0.50 to the price of a new Challenger though. 😲

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks dude, wanted to break up the black. Spice it up with some red. Lol. No, I added the piping. Got it off Amazon or ebay. Easy to run it.

·
Premium Member
10,123 Posts
Thanks dude, wanted to break up the black. Spice it up with some red. Lol. No, I added the piping. Got it off Amazon or ebay. Easy to run it.
Ah, so you did the 50 cent mod yourself, okay, n/m then, Dodge didn’t steal the idea...

Ive heard different prices for the total to do that. Some folks say it’s only like $3, others say it’s $10 to buy enough to do the whole interior. What did you end up spending, if you don’t mind me asking?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No more than $15 I think. It was 3-4 years ago. Lol

·
Premium Member
10,123 Posts
No more than $15 I think. It was 3-4 years ago. Lol
that’s still pretty good for a whole interior mod. If dodge did have that sort of thing as an optional upgrade, I’m betting you would have to add 2 zeros to that $15 to get it on your new car!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,198 Posts
Did you remove the chrome steering wheel ring, or install over? if over, did it cover the chrome completely? Looks like lower right a little chrome? Could be glare?

Rebadge said they can make me a plain gloss black ring...but I'm torn if it should match the more satin black steering wheel trim, or the gloss black dash trim

A Guy

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I removed the chrome ring. Easy to do just gotta pull up hard like every inch and there are tabs in holes.
Yeah, he can make pretty much anything you want. Lol

Reactions: mvale

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
694 Posts
just to prove can go overboard, on '17 yellow jacket
mine done in yellow as is '17 yj

1 - 11 of 11 Posts