Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
The thing is a beast like the HC but you guy get as good a mpg as my SXT which I did buy for the mpg it gets.
That's not entirely surprising to me, Yapster. It's a bit like that my Peterbilt gets less mpg than my 3500, but not by a lot, despite pulling a heavier load. Heavier, but not heavy at 35,000 lbs. or so.

Your small engine has to work harder than a Hellcat's to perform the same job, so I can see how the difference in mileage may not be very large.

It'd be very interesting to have an SXT and a Hellcat and go for a drive, keeping things as equal as possible, and see what the difference is after most of a full tank.
Or, if you could get a loaner Hellcat for your commute. I bet it'd be hard for you to keep your foot out of it, though.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,179 Posts
Also, the onboard MPG is not consistently accurate. Typically within 5%-10%, sometimes less, but pretty close overall. I haven't started tracking this new Challenger, but my Charger was close around town, and even with the great highway numbers indicated, actual seemed to be even better.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Uh, oh, this will not be popular with some.

Just got the latest fill-up numbers for my girlfriend's car:
22.16, 24.17, 22.53, and 23.93.

In this case it's the 22.53 that includes the 60-155 runs (actually 60-160 with her car).

Yes, as mentioned, she drives a bit slower than I do, overall, and less aggressively. Still, a 23.2 mpg average isn't too shabby for a Redeye, I think.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Mine gets terrible gas mileage around town - Highway it does really well. But around town forget it - probably around 12 mpg.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Mine gets terrible gas mileage around town - Highway it does really well. But around town forget it - probably around 12 mpg.
See, I'm doing my part to save the planet by driving 85-95 mph out on the roads, getting better mileage than if stuck in a town. Plus it's more fun.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Does my wife count as living with a Hellcat?

·
Registered
709 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I checked this morning and I am getting about 18.1 mpg with the Cat. That includes the occasional "therapy" launch down an empty stretch of road when coming home from a long day at work. That is only 4 miles an hour better than I am getting in my Durango SXT since they switched over to the summer blend. I wonder if I would get better mileage from an R/T Durango? As mentioned here, the 5.7 L might not have to work as hard.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Ha no fair, I see you have your Cat in ecco mode......I can get the great mileage in the stock mode.

Good job though...........>:)
Use the tools available to you. My commute is pretty boring, and the quick double-tap on the SRT button satisfies when a need, or an urge, strike. Even in Eco, it's making more HP than most things I'm around. ;)

·
Registered
745 Posts
But...there's no "Man Pedal" >:) (Never got my manhood from a pedal, but...OK)

A Guy

Hahaha! I was explaining to my wife the automatic the other day. She insists on buying a manual for herself, i have no idea why. She didn’t know that I could shift my car from the shifter or the steering wheel. I showed her I can drive the car as a manual whenever I want and never have to be stuck with a clutch 24/7. Hilarious part of your comment is I said, “but there are those guys that say, ‘You’re not a man if you don’t have a clutch!!!’”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
745 Posts
Alright, not to argue, but I can bring in the log for the '18 and average the numbers, showing that 22 mpg is far from hyper miling it. I could also figure out the average speed, which would show that it isn't driven slowly.

Unfortunately, I have no real access to flat or level here in the Rockies, and 7,500 feet may not be optimal, but those things I can't do much about. Whatever direction I go, there's at least a 3,000 to 5,000' change in altitude.

What I could do, including with photographic evidence, is fill up in town and head south. If I kept it under 80 and didn't pass too many, I could most likely come up with at least a 27 mpg number if getting fuel down there. But it would be one fill-up, which doesn't prove a darn thing.

Plus, it'd be a boring drive, so I won't.

Rockies?? Where you at?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Just south of your border. If you're close, let's go waste some front tire shoulders some day.

New Mexico? Albuquerque? I’ve always been curious how the hellcat feels. It’s a little insane for me. The 392 is a hell of a car and I can’t imagine throwing down hundreds more.

·
Registered
607 Posts
A couple of week ago my girlfriend asked me "Do I look fat in these pants?" She's quite slender, by the way.

I promptly answered "Not by much."

And I'm still alive to tell about it.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
whut the?????

A couple of week ago my girlfriend asked me "Do I look fat in these pants?" She's quite slender, by the way.

I promptly answered "Not by much."

And I'm still alive to tell about it.
No honey........it's not the pants that make you look fat.........:surprise:0:)>:)

61 - 79 of 79 Posts