Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a set of Eibach lowering springs for my 2016 Challenger SXT Plus and was wondering if the 2016 SXTs have a load levelling rear suspension. I can't find info on it whatsoever. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
you have conventional shocks on your SXT.

I'd recommend changing out front & rear - Bilsteins are one affordable shock or get the Eibach units (I had the Eibach springs & shocks/dampers on my '09 R/T). Otherwise you'll have firm springs with soft shocks that won't be a good match.

Your OEM units are valved fairly soft for a compliant ride - unless yours was equipped with Super Track Pack option (then yours would have the yellow body Bilsteins)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you have conventional shocks on your SXT.

I'd recommend changing out front & rear - Bilsteins are one affordable shock or get the Eibach units (I had the Eibach springs & shocks/dampers on my '09 R/T). Otherwise you'll have firm springs with soft shocks that won't be a good match.

Your OEM units are valved fairly soft for a compliant ride - unless yours was equipped with Super Track Pack option (then yours would have the yellow body Bilsteins)
Thats what I thought. And yeah I was going to get Eibach set of replacement dampers shortly. Going to swap the springs first and see the difference. Hopefully it wont do much damage. Haha.

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
Thats what I thought. And yeah I was going to get Eibach set of replacement dampers shortly. Going to swap the springs first and see the difference. Hopefully it wont do much damage. Haha.
The fronts require you to remove the strut / spring assembly to remove the springs.

So you'd end up doing to whole job 2x if you decide to change the shocks afterward.

The rear shocks are a snap to change out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts