Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got my tail lights back from the paint shop and now I'm just waiting on the bulbs and sequential kit but I don't know what I need for load resistors. I will be running the web electric kit and I will be using the 3157 red Putco 360 degree LED bulbs as replacements. If anyone has this same set up or something similar could you please help me out and let me know what type of load resistors would be the right ones. I hope I'm not asking too much, but would you also be able to let me know whereabouts to wire these into the system cuz I have no idea on that either. Thanks!:notallthere:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just finishd installing LED bulbs on mine. I also have the sequential turn signals. I got the LEDs from V-LED.com. They sell the correct load resistors as well as the bulbs. Mine are 92-leds per bulb and they look awesome. There is a diagram on the web site for where to connect the resistors and they mount on the inside bottom metal which you can see when you remove the taillights. The LEDs look awesome and the seqentials look much better too!

·
Registered
18 Posts
HELP!! I have the load resistors installed on my 2010 challenger and they aren't working right. They stopped the hyper blinking for around five seconds, but then it starts to blink fast again. Anyone know how to fix this?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Recheck all of the connections of the resistors and to the OEM wires.
The resistor must have one wire connected to the OEM stop/turn signal wire and the other to ground.
They get very hot and if not mounted securely to metal to adsorb the heat can fail.
A multimeter is very helpful as is a test light.
With the amp function on the meter you can see if the resistor works initially and them fails as it heats up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts