Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to sell my wife's 2010 SRT-8 and I have it on this board for sale at $29K. It has 18,000 miles and is a great car in really near new condition. I just had a local dealer offer me $27,000 cash (not trade) for it. What do you guys think???

·
Registered
105 Posts
Don't know where you're located but comparable 2010s in my neck of the woods are being sold privately for 10k more. What's the market like in your area? Have you scoped it out?

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't know where you're located but comparable 2010s in my neck of the woods are being sold privately for 10k more. What's the market like in your area? Have you scoped it out?
The market in central Illinois is not real great. People are quite cheap around here... The problem for me is most people paying near $30K for a car want to trade something in and that is where the dealer has the big advantage getting that much out of something.

The market must be great where you are to be getting $37K for a 2010. Wow... Hell, I'll transport it to someone where you are for that much more. Really, $37K for a 2010? Mine is in almost perfect condition and lower miles, but that seems like a lot. Where are you?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm in Calgary and just one caveat, I'm talking Canadian Loonies. (that's dollars for my U.S. buddies)

Check this ad out (if it doesn't get censored...)

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT 8 | cars & trucks | Calgary | Kijiji

Maybe you should consider selling here.

Oh just an FYI my car was purchased in the U.S.A. and imported here by the previous owner.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,816 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
As Steve Miller sez..."go on and take the money and run":burnout:

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Yellow Jackets are only 2012 Cars
That's what I thought... So, that is not very comparable considering his is 2 years newer, less miles, and the 392 with the upgrades from the 2010... And, I bet the $35,500 offer was for a trade, which is not hard money.

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,024 Posts
I think $27,000 cash up front from a dealer is a great offer. If you have a concern call your bank or insurance agent and see what they value the car at wholesale.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If he's ready to offer you cash, he has it sold already, and for probably a nice profit.... Not sure about your area but dealers here don't buy cars for cash.

BTW 37k CDN equates to about 34K U.S. using an exchange rate of $1.00 CDN = $.092 U.S. and according to the guy I bought my car from the import process on a used vehicle to Canada was no hassel at all.

Just sayin......

Anyway, considering the car's condition, ask for more if you can hold out and if you're not in need of the money right away.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I think 27k is a little low. I've been looking at 010 SRT's on Ebay and they are in the 32k range from dealerships and the mileage is much higher than yours.

Just depends on how much of a hurry you are in but I would imagine he stands to make around 5K or so off of it if he gives you 27k.

As an observation: right now everyone's head is spinning at a 38-40K RT w a 392. There's been a lot of speculation in some of the other threads that the 015's are going to kill demand for the 6.1 series. I'm not sure I buy that. I think a lot of folks who want to get into a clean SRT will find the 010's very attractive especially once the thrill of the new 15's starts to wear off a bit and the reality of a payment on a 40k car hits home.

So, fwiw, if you don't have to sell right now I'd wait a bit and see where all this is going. At the end of the day you still have a really nice car.

·
Registered
373 Posts
tell him to make it the 29 like you have on here and he has a deal

1 - 20 of 29 Posts