Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Brush Depot Tire Woolies and Red Carbon Fiber (actually cheap plastic) lock plate covers came in today. Laid them on top of the box and turned my back for 1 minute.
A few minutes later my wife walks in and hands the wet, slobbery package to me and says "are these yours?".
The pictures say it all. I didn't even get them out of the package before Lily made chew toys out of them!
If I wasn't sure that she would eat them, I would just let her keep them!

Dogs!!!! :mad::mad:

:mad:
Food Wood Table Ingredient Cuisine
Dog Dog breed Computer keyboard Ear Carnivore

·
Registered
2021 F8 Green Scat Pack Shaker
328 Posts
My Brush Depot Tire Woolies and Red Carbon Fiber (actually cheap plastic) lock plate covers came in today. Laid them on top of the box and turned my back for 1 minute.
A few minutes later my wife walks in and hands the wet, slobbery package to me and says "are these yours?".
The pictures say it all. I didn't even get them out of the package before Lily made chew toys out of them!
If I wasn't sure that she would eat them, I would just let her keep them!

Dogs!!!! :mad::mad:

:mad: View attachment 1025211 View attachment 1025212
She's a good doggie!!
First time i've seen the lock plate covers

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She's a good doggie!!
First time i've seen the lock plate covers
I was disappointed in them anyway. Dull translucent red. Wouldn't really match my interior.
For $8, what do you expect.
By ordering them it saved $10 in shipping. So I guess I'm still ahead $2.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
I was disappointed in them anyway. Dull translucent red. Wouldn't really match my interior.
The snake made her do it!

For what it’s worth Sadie just jumped on the counter and stole my cookie!

Once, she stole an entire chicken off the kitchen table. And a steak! 🤠

Damn dogs! 🐶

·
Premium Member
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Damn dogs! 🐶

She's got pool room tough gambler written all over her!

Reactions: Moparrebel

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,708 Posts
She did you a favor. Just because something sticks on the car, doesn't mean it should be stuck on the car. That new, the best thing you can put on your car is...
MILES, tons of them. Then change what you want to improve after.
I have considered those covers, well, not THOSE covers, just plain black plastic. To hide, not draw attention to the latches.

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts

View attachment 1025243
"▶Excellent Protection - Exclusive door lock cover will effectively protect your locks from damage"

How does it offer protection to the locks, which are in the door? Some of the descriptions on Amazon and other sites are too funny.

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Challenger GT AWD
144 Posts
I have the black ones. They look very nice.

You should get some 3m double sided tape, clean the bolts very well, and clean the plastic cover in the bolt holes very well with rubbing alcohol. Put a square of tape in each bolt hole, then install. Keeps it from coming loose, and it still fits flush.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Reactions: 2015SXT

·
Registered
2021 Dodge Challenger GT AWD
144 Posts
Why cover up that USA stamped on it with plastic from CHINA?
Because that gigantic silver contraption looks like crap 🤣 the black plastic cover matches the black top package very nicely and looks like it's stock. It's one of my favorite additions.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Because that gigantic silver contraption looks like crap 🤣 the black plastic cover matches the black top package very nicely and looks like it's stock. It's one of my favorite additions.
I sort of agree, to me doesn't look bad, just doesn't look good either. And if I did anything it would be plain black plastic like that to make it disappear, not to draw attention to it. But maybe with a window open to the USA... Yeah, that's it.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Looks familiar. Other than a bent ear.

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fawn Wood

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101. 2005 Dodge Magnum RT AWD
562 Posts
Yeah but you're going to spend that extra two bucks on the doggie bags to pick up the missing pieces after your dog "customizes" them for you!

I sort of agree, to me doesn't look bad, just doesn't look good either. And if I did anything it would be plain black plastic like that to make it disappear, not to draw attention to it. But maybe with a window open to the USA... Yeah, that's it.
It would be nice to have a full replacement latch made of stainless like I found for my hood latch as a replacement. Looks like that one was a Mr. Norm's.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T
185 Posts
Found a picture of Lily's family on vacation...

Looks like a good time was had by all!

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
It would be nice to have a full replacement latch made of stainless like I found for my hood latch as a replacement. Looks like that one was a Mr. Norm's.
Probably not due to it being a safety item. They are designed to hold so much, and be breakable/forceable by emergency responders. I know I wouldn't mess with them other than a plastic cover or paint.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,597 Posts
Yeah but you're going to spend that extra two bucks on the doggie bags to pick up the missing pieces after your dog "customizes" them for you!

That might be true but maybe She thought that they looked like crap before she "Customized" them, so she just finished the job! :D

I agree with Alexis that she has a cute face that would be hard to get mad at.

Damn dogs! 🐶

Your Sadie is CUTE and She was just trying to help you watch what you eat when She took the steak and the chicken! Way to go Sadie and take one (actually two) for the team! :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts