Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many of you I wanted a way to prevent unauthorized access to the PCM and TCM tuning.

I found this:AUTOcyb

I just received it and installed it on my car. While it could be pried off, I don't think a tech would do so. It is better than a push on cover sold by others.

·
Premium Member
2,983 Posts
I'll try one. I'd like to know before somebody installs a firmware "update" on my vehicle. I hate the "drive-ability update" that was installed on my Challenger.

·
Premium Member
2,983 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
That one appears just to be a warning cover. The one referenced by the OP is a locking cover. I did purchase one and it works.
Ah thanks, the link didn't work and I assumed this is what they were talking about. Just wanted to show one the vendors also stocked them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just bought Autocyb. Thought I would share my review. Way over priced at $90. Shouldn't be more than $30. The maker has a patent and is the only game in town so why not gouge the customer. Capitalism at its best. Found two other locking covers made in England and Germany but they’re even more expensive. Quality not great. The vinyl boot was ****-eyed and had to be re-aligned. There is tape on the inside that was badly mis-aligned and had to be re-seated. Tape lost some of its sticking power. Not impressed with quality. Very simple mechanism. You can’t find anything on the web about how it works. The male OBD II in the car has a raised piece of plastic on one side. Never noticed it before. Looks like it’s for a female plug that locks on temporarily with a release tab. When you turn the key there is a plastic piece on the inside of the Autocyb that moves in toward and underneath that raise plastic piece on the OBD plug in the car thereby locking it. You would think there would be competition for this thing. It probably could be ripped or pried off but better than nothing. The selling point from the manufacturer is to prevent theft. I don’t care about that. My car is insured with gap insurance. I’m more concerned about what the idiots at the dealer do to the car. I could tell some stories.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
Why not cut the wiring to the OBD port, leaving a "pigtail" on the port itself and install male connector pins on one end of the wires and female ends on the other and keep your OBD port locked up at home? If you ever need it, plug it in, install tune and disconnect it.

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,345 Posts
In my opinion, all that's needed is a cover with a "do not flash" warning on it. If a mechanic where to ever ignore that warning on my Shaker, it would cost the dealer a pretty penny to repair my ride, and they wouldn't be the ones doing the repair. BTW, my cover came with my supercharger...

·
Registered
12 Posts
In my opinion, all that's needed is a cover with a "do not flash" warning on it. If a mechanic where to ever ignore that warning on my Shaker, it would cost the dealer a pretty penny to repair my ride, and they wouldn't be the ones doing the repair. BTW, my cover came with my supercharger...
Wish that was true. Had one of those on my Mustang. Dealer popped it off and plugged into OBD. Not making that mistake again.

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,345 Posts
Wish that was true. Had one of those on my Mustang. Dealer popped it off and plugged into OBD. Not making that mistake again.
Can you say lawsuit...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts