Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that alot of people say their Lockpick causes their Bus not to go into hybernation. Mine must not have that issue because I've read that the battery will be dead in 3 days and mine starts fine after setting fo 3 days. You guys with problems, are your cameras hooked up to the pink and black wire (like mine) for reverse use only or are you hooked into one of the other wires? Just trying to smarten up on this and figure out why some people have problems and others don't. Thanks for any inputs.
Rick

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess the people that complained about that must have found it was another problem or there no longer on here.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
They are probably stuck at the mall with a dead battery. :) Mine is working fine after sitting for a couple of weeks between runs.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Interesting. I have never heard of the Lockpick causing battery drain. I could see the backup camera drawing power if not hooked up right. I'd be curious to learn (1) if only those experiencing battery drain also have a backup camera; and (2) what version of Lockpick they have, i.e., v2 or the new v3.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting. I have never heard of the Lockpick causing battery drain. I could see the backup camera drawing power if not hooked up right. I'd be curious to learn (1) if only those experiencing battery drain also have a backup camera; and (2) what version of Lockpick they have, i.e., v2 or the new v3.
That was my thinking too is that they used a diffent configuration with their camera and wanted to know how they had it hooked up, but I guess will never know. Mine works but the next person that had a problem I wanted to be able to help. Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
688 Posts
I have had the V2 for over a year with front and rear cameras connected as per instructions and never had an issue with battery drain. Mine has sat as long as three weeks at a time and never a problem. To this day, both cameras work the way they are supposed to. The back camera comes on when in reverse and the front camera comes on in drive when below 8 mph.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I first got mine in Sept. there were threads about Lockpicks running down batteries and on one of them I guy listed all of the current draws with it in and out and had mathamatically figured out that it would take 3 days to run the battery down. I don't have an amp clamp or a way to check current drain without unhooking the battery and I wasn't going to do anything to invite any of those little grimilains in. He had all the numbers and sounded like he knew what he was doing. I'm beginning to wonder if he had a bad one but the draw he showed for just the lockpick wasn't bad it was only when the buss was hooked to it all the other stuff added to it like the buss was staying active. Unless I can get some inputs to show me something I'm just going to write those post up to experience.
Thanks for your input about V2s, That was something else I thought the problem might be because mines a V3.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts