Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen any info or post on the lockpic CHR550 especially from any 2011 owners. So... I'm going to take the leap and make this my first mod. I'll post the updates as I complete the install with the cams. If it is as advertised the ipod interface should be WAY better. Compared to the FX50 I have, this interface sux. I think the fact that you can stream movies straight from the netflix app may be a cool payoff feature if it works effeciently as well as the additional features. Any opinions or feedback is welcomed while I patiently await my order from the renowned excellent customer service from coastaletech!!:sleep:

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Just one quick question.

Will this model (chr550) work on the 730N RHR radio?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Just one quick question.

sayz... " FOR 2008-2011 CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP VEHICLES
ALL NAVIGATION EQUIPPED AND NON-NAVIGATION MYGIG RADIOS"

Ew, comic sans!

Thanks for the pioneering legwork Pusher. This is the first I've seen on that one. Anxiously awaiting results. 7 pages of options - jeez!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Just one quick question.

Tin, I called coastal to find out that very thing... They said yes and that all the older models would not. However I have the TVnavtoGo v2 and they said it will not work, but I called the supplier I got it from and they said the older versions would work you just have to switch the position on dip switch #2. So if 2 says down, change it to up. I will know for sure on that once my car gets here.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Cool, FireHawk. Let me know what you find out.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Coastaletech told me the same. Order should be here on friday (not cheap) so hopefully I'll squeeze it in before I get hit with the "honeydo". I'm doing the front cam too (no plowing for me!) and it has the inputs for two more. They mentioned a babycam lol!! not in my baby! maybe ill put it in and point it at me just so see how fly I am as I'm hitting 160mph and breaking suckas off.....just kidding.

--Suckafree.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Coastaletech told me the same. Order should be here on friday (not cheap) so hopefully I'll squeeze it in before I get hit with the "honeydo". I'm doing the front cam too (no plowing for me!) and it has the inputs for two more. They mentioned a babycam lol!! not in my baby! maybe ill put it in and point it at me just so see how fly I am as I'm hitting 160mph and breaking suckas off.....just kidding.

--Suckafree.
What radio are you installing this on? 430N, 730N, and what version? (RER, RHR, etc?) I think I just about got this figured out but I am not up on all this radio stuff. I do not want to spend 300ish bucks on the wrong lock pick. I am getting the 730N RHR radio in the car I ordered and want to order the CHR550. Frankly, all these different models confuse me and a claim that one kit fits all makes me a bit skeptical. Can I go ahead and buy the chr550 and not have to worry about returns? I can muddle through the install with only the price of my time. (no problem) I will however, be reading this thread for how to install. (thanks)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Tin, install is a snap, plug and play... However before you order from the lockpick website, check out Ebay. Same product for a little less than what they advertise on their site.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Sounds Great, I checked out the website and watched the install on a charger and 300 series. Looks easy, The set up on the CHR 550 is set up for turn signal cameras along with cameras for front and rear. I didnt see anything for a camera mount for the Turn signal / side view? Where does it mount on the side view? This will be first on my list when my car gets here. I know the new chargers have this with the Max package. Thanks AK907

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Here is the first update since I received the unit by mail:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IMrK--A8h4o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
OK, ordered my lockpick CHR-550 from Ebay.

Great! now I am waiting for two things! My lockpick and my car....lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
OK, ordered my lockpick CHR-550 from Ebay.

Great! now I am waiting for two things! My lockpick and my car....lol
Same here!LOL. I also ordered the license plate backup camera. And also waiting for my Challenger :)

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
395 Posts
I've checked this out on the website. What does it do that makes it worth over $300? I'm happy with the system that's in the car, but it could definitely be more user friendly. I'm just trying to figure out what this unit brings to the table to make it worth the asking price.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've checked this out on the website. What does it do that makes it worth over $300? I'm happy with the system that's in the car, but it could definitely be more user friendly. I'm just trying to figure out what this unit brings to the table to make it worth the asking price.
For me it was about:

1) having the latest lockpick version
2) future upgradability to side cameras
3) better ipod/iphone control
4) unlocks nav features while driving

I figured for the price and how long it will just sit behind the radio doing it's thing, it's worth it. Small price to pay for a butt load of features. Did you watch the demo video they have on their site? It pretty much explains it all.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Could someone link up an installation video to this thread for me?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Could someone link up an installation video to this thread for me?
I have the "installed" video that i need to upload. I will do that tonight. It is just an overview of what to expect. I know that somewhere on the forum there is a step by step for a regular lockpick with pics and it will be pretty much the same. The unit is plug and play with the factory and aftermarket harness and the cameras will plug right in. The most tedious will be mounting the cams and running them throughout the car. I'll post the video tonight.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here it is fellas. sorry about the delay I took the video right away but had not uploaded it. Once again this is an overview. If you have any specific features you'd like to see or have questions about let me know. If you are going to CF2 you can take an upclose look. ***sorry about the wind.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
What does it do that makes it worth over $300?
Quite simply,
1. the ability to hook up both a front and back camera
2. Ability to change navigation settings while car is in motion
3. ability to hook up a rear seat game console
4. ability to view dvd's while in motion (not in park) great for passengers, not good for drivers
5. simplicity of installation and use.

The ability to use the rear view camera was well worth the 300.00 cost for me, and was the first thing i bought and installed for the challenger after buying it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts