Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Yes, I had to put my car in neutral to do the install. When I took the face plate off, I had to put the radio hole over the shifter to get it to lay flat enough to pull the radio out. The seat warmer and temperature control wires where too short to do anything else with it.

You mean while you're doing the install?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Those of you that have installed this on a 2011, in what position did you have to set the dip switches?

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
2,3,5,8 up

The rest are down. If you do NOT have Navigation, 6 is up also.

You probably have nav or you would not be installing a lockpick so leave 6 down also.

Tab 5 is the one that controls video in motion. Down blocks video in motion so put 5 up.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I've been running the V3 Lockpick since last fall, and have decided to upgrade to the 550. I hate to have to spring for a whole new unit, but the additional control of the cameras is worth it, not to mention being able to throw my iPod in the glove box and control it through the steering wheel controls.

I can also download a bunch of digital-copy movies to my ipod and then watch them through the radio screen instead of having to carry around DVDs. I don't plan to install side camera, but may mount a camera under the car facing rearwards, as well as one under the hood looking at the engine.

I might install some video monitors with velcro straps to the back of the front seat headrests so my girls can watch movies without having to **** their heads to see between the front seats.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I thought the 550 was for certain units, not the ones we have?

Maybe I'm wrong?

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I ordered a 550 yesterday, anyone interested in a 1 year old Lockpick V.3?

·
Premium Member
Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
104 Posts
Things you should know about the CHR550 iPod modes

I have the CHR550 installed and it is working, but there are two things I discovered about the iPod modes that I dont like. When you are listening to a song and you shut off the car and then restart, the lockpick pauses the song which forces you to navigate to the video out mode, then to now playing in order to resume play. A rep from Costal told me this is how it's designed to work. Also you lose the clock display when in iPod video display. That's enough for me to send back this unit and try the V.4 without the iPod integration.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts