Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just installed a lockpick v5 for a back up camera install, all went well, really pleased with the cam, but seem to have lost my iPod connection from the oem connection in the side console, is this normal or have I done something wrong

I know I could use the av connectors but I guess I would lose the charging

Any help would be great

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Mine would disconnect after a few seconds after I installed the V5 and it ended up being a loose connection in the radio harness. One of the Lockpick plugs behind the radio was out by about an eighth of an inch and that is all it took. My guess is that it didn't lock together too well and sliding the radio back in loosened it up.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Same here, the iPod plug in would be just off by a bit.

On another note, I actually ran the 2nd set of cables off the AV jacks and the picture quality is better IMO - I've had a few of the lockpicks with the built in iPod cable and it's a mixed bag on quality...even had the cable end split open. Added a small extension cable to put a better connection on the clip in to the iPhone.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so am i right in thinking the factory iPod connecter plugged directly in the the head unit and is not wired through the harness of the lockpick i.e. i've made it loose when taking the the radio out the car ?

thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its fixed

just for info in case anyone else has the same problem, it turned out to be a bent pin in the grey connector, so easy to do as theres very little space to manoeuvre. gently bent it back and reconnected.

all sorted now, thanks for all the help :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
So are you guys saying you were able to use your iPod/iphones with the lock pick v.5? I installed one and had no sound from either one. I also experienced where the iPod seemed to play for a few seconds with no sound but then it would disconnect. Also are you able to use the USB plug in the console to play your iPods or are you connecting them straight to the lock pick with some other kind of connection?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
HI thelos32, yep mines working perfectly, well as good as it was before, its always been a little flaky but its fine.

you can connect using the AV connecters from the lockpick but you loose all the controls, i have mine connected to the centre console through apple 30pin to lighting adapter.

my issue just turned out to be a bent pin in the connector from the lockpick

hope this helps

just re read your post i have had a couple of issues with the plug in the console its not great,also i got much bester results after i upgraded my mygig firmware.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Okay guys I just performed an update, and reconnected everything and now its working perfectly with all my features, including streaming bt from my iPhone and iPod connected in console. Thanx!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts