Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get one of the V.3 units yet? Any big differences?

I'm looking at getting one along with the rear camera.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Yes I have a lockpick V3 with a camera and it works great. I've tried to email them about some stuff and they never get back to me by email or phone, but the product works great. I can't tell you if it's better than the V2 because this was the first one I had. There is another thing like the lockpick sold by tvandnav2go that they say is cheaper, works good and has good tech support.
Rick

·
Registered
585 Posts
ok guys I think I need help!!! I just purchased the lockpick v3 with a rear license plate cam and a front cam as well. I'm looking at the wiring diagram and i don't understand how the wires from the cameras, which have an rca plug on them, get connected to the wiring harness. There is no place on the wiring harness to connect these rca plugs. Am I missing something here? The wires coming from the harness have little red barrel connectors on them but they dont mate with the rca plugs from cams. Am i supposed to cut off either of the tails and splice them together? I thought this was all plug and play lol. any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks Jim.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Did you ever get your problem resolved? I am looking to purchase the LPV3 too with a rear camera and am only now reading about problems with these units. I am not too impressed with the Navtv unit on paper and haven't looked into the other one mentioned here yet. Any feedback would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
154 Posts
ok, im old with a new srt. what in the world is a (LOCKPICK, AND A MYGIG).??? sorry but i dont have a clue. nobody calls anything what they realy are these days.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
MYGIG is what most of our radios are and if you have a nav RER one or want a camera you might want a Lockpick. It alows the nav system to do stuff that's locked out by the factory and gives you an interface to alow a camera picture to show up on your radio display

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
ok, im old with a new srt. what in the world is a (LOCKPICK, AND A MYGIG).??? sorry but i dont have a clue. nobody calls anything what they realy are these days.
I agree that most of the time on here that is true but in this case that is what they are. You can't look anything up about your radio without looking under Mygig and I don't know what else you would call a lockpick other than a thingamagiger.

·
Registered
154 Posts
ok, is there a plug or something that the rear camara plugs into. or do u have to cut into your wiring harness. i have a 2010 srt 6.1.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
NO don't cut any wires. There's a media harness that you hook to the middle of the back of the radio and the camera wiring has an RCA connector that hooks to that harness. The power for the camera comes from wires on the Lockpick harness. You can remove it and never tell it was there.

·
Registered
142 Posts
My concern at the present moment is whether or not to purchase a certain lockpick package. There is an Ebay seller doing the lockpick for $269 that has everything needed including the license plate camera. The concern is if that camera is so big that it will cover my plate too much.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I got it to work but can't seem to get the picture to post here. If you want to PM me your email I can send it there

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
My concern at the present moment is whether or not to purchase a certain lockpick package. There is an Ebay seller doing the lockpick for $269 that has everything needed including the license plate camera. The concern is if that camera is so big that it will cover my plate too much.
Did you see it yet? I'll delete it out of gallery if you did. My wife's not to keen about the plate# being shown to the world. I ask her why and she didn't know just your not suppose to give it out.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Make sure you get the multimedia harness that plugs into the lockpick harness. It has all the connections you are looking for, including a front camera plug in and a rear camera connector. I only installed the rear camera and it works great. Best thing about the lockpick is being able to change settings on the Nav system while you're driving. (let the passenger do it for you if you are actually rolling, entering in a street address may have you distracted too long if driving...but the wife can do that if she wants to use the nav system) Watching DVD's while driving is not recommended if you can't keep from peeking at it. Helps tame the kids down on long trips though (and the sound system rocks with surround sound enabled dvd's).

Overall it was one of the most used items i've put on the car since i bought it. I use the camera all the time when backing up, and often while driving on the interstate just to keep track of what is close up behind me.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Make sure you get the multimedia harness that plugs into the lockpick harness. It has all the connections you are looking for, including a front camera plug in and a rear camera connector. I only installed the rear camera and it works great. Best thing about the lockpick is being able to change settings on the Nav system while you're driving. (let the passenger do it for you if you are actually rolling, entering in a street address may have you distracted too long if driving...but the wife can do that if she wants to use the nav system) Watching DVD's while driving is not recommended if you can't keep from peeking at it. Helps tame the kids down on long trips though (and the sound system rocks with surround sound enabled dvd's).

Overall it was one of the most used items i've put on the car since i bought it. I use the camera all the time when backing up, and often while driving on the interstate just to keep track of what is close up behind me.
If I remember right the media harness hooks into the radio extra socket in the middle of the back of the radio and has the video connections for the camera. The lockpick harness has the power connections for the cameras. You'll be able to tell how it goes by looking.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I've got Lock Pic V3 and the rear camera installed on my 2010 6.1L, do NOT cut anything. Works GREAT!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts