Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
it's a plug and play unit that bypasses the locked out features for your MYGIG/Nav stereo. You can operate the DVD while driving, etc etc. You can also add additional monitors or cameras to the setup.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Thanks for the info as I was wondering the same thing.

A few more Qs...
Does using Lockpick void any warranties?

Has anybody tried to image the 30gb HDD and install a larger one?

·
Registered
711 Posts
as for voiding warranties, frankly if you turn the radio off when in for servicing you should be ok, it's not like the dealer is going to go looking for add ons, I'm ordering the the Lockpick unit after seeing the Navtogo unit first hand, not really impressed with it overall. But opinions vary.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Thanks for the info as I was wondering the same thing.

A few more Qs...
Does using Lockpick void any warranties?

Has anybody tried to image the 30gb HDD and install a larger one?
I don't know about waranty but I would take it back out before going in for electrical work. I have heard it will keep the buss from hybernating and causes the battery to go down every few days. Mines set for 5 days without being started and it started right up. You don't cut ant wires or modify anything putting it in so if you pull it back out before getting it worked on I can't see why they would say anything.
I haven't imaged my HDD but I have 3 pictures and no songs on it so I don't think I need to yet LOL.
I've only used the LockpickV3 and so you might want to listen to X about the nav2go. only mentioned it from what I heard on here.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
The TV and NAV2 GO is just the Lockpick V2. That is what I got as I think the only thing that V3 has is the USB connect to upgrade it. I figured if it was state of the art when V2 was sold, it will work just fine today. All I wanted was a rear camera connection. Works like a champ and I saved $120 to buy my $140 camera. Draining your battery is a myth. Nobody would buy it if it did that. I wouldn't be afraid of voiding your warranty or removing it before going in. There is no reason it would damage anything. If a part failed on your car, it would fail on its own. The dealer would have to prove your unit caused the failure and they couldn't.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
The TV and NAV2 GO is just the Lockpick V2. That is what I got as I think the only thing that V3 has is the USB connect to upgrade it. I figured if it was state of the art when V2 was sold, it will work just fine today. All I wanted was a rear camera connection. Works like a champ and I saved $120 to buy my $140 camera. Draining your battery is a myth. Nobody would buy it if it did that. I wouldn't be afraid of voiding your warranty or removing it before going in. There is no reason it would damage anything. If a part failed on your car, it would fail on its own. The dealer would have to prove your unit caused the failure and they couldn't.
I don't have any connections to any of the companies and I was only telling the battery drain I heard of and they should some good stats and wanted all of the options out there so someone didn't go on my say and not research it out before investing $300 and blaming me. I wouldn't be without my backup camera and my son was in town this week and was so impressed he said it's the first thing he's going to add when he gets back to Virginia.
Rick

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
^ I agree, as for the external HDD, really don't see it nessecary unless you need 3000+ songs in your car.
Actually I was thinking of replacing the internal HDD with a larger one but if anything that's down the road.

I have 9000ish (not that I would put them all on) songs. Right now it's taking up only 40.8 GB. :notallthere:

Anyway thanks for the info guys and sorry to the OP for a slight hijack of the thread. :cowtounge:

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I have heard that if you fill up the hard drive too full, it will be slow it down considerably.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts