Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize this is probably old but I was looking online @ the cold air intakes from K&N and I stumbled across this dyno sheet.

http://www.knfilters.com/dynocharts/63-1114-61_dyno.pdf

It claims a CAI adds 31 HP and 31 TORQUE!!!

What are they smoking and how do I get some? ...and since WHEN does a stock SRT-8 only make 337rwhp!??? :scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Run Notes: Baseline stock run. 2185 miles. 3rd gear run.

Should be in 4th gear not 3rd.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Seems like quite a stretch...you would think Dodge would have added these stock if adding those high numbers was that easy?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nope, the dyno results will show an increase of that before and after, here is how:

They will bring the car in, heat soaked engine back and immediatly throw it on the dyno and make a pull. This HP # will be less than any normal person as any sane person would let the engine cool down some and open the hood.

They let the car get to room temp, completely cool. They throw on the air-filter and make some pulls back to back to back with the hood open, fans on full blast (the numbers will typically creep up each time to a point + the % error of the dyno throws numbers up/down by 4-5 hp) and then they will use the one with the highest number.

Then there is your before and after, done.

Ask any main stream dyno guy if he's ever done a magazine shoot. They will most of the time strait up tell you that "brand X" sucked on the dyno and when the magazine came out the numbers magically increased.... nothing new, always been that way.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Now thats an eye opener:eyemouth: I never would've considered that, but it makes sense. After all, it wouldn't be a lie because it would be a "before and after" run just as advertised. Pretty clever.:icon_evil: Hmmmmm, kinda makes you wonder if thats whats done with other types of aftermarket parts that advertise increased hp and tq #'s also(exhausts, etc.):scratchhead:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts