Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I'll be getting a new SRT here soon. My question is this: for those that have alcantara with suede vs those with laguna leather: how are they holding up? What do you hate? What do you love? How many miles do you have on the car

Any regrets about your choice?

Thanks and cheers!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the Laguna leather and love it.
Realize this is Scandinavian leather. Known to be the finest leather in the world.
My car is almost one year old (the 26th) and has 2400 miles.
It still smells so strong that its breath taking when you first get in.
After a hour or so drive and you get out, you will smell the leather on your clothes for an hour or so.
I'm not knocking it at all. Just letting you know.
Generally leather will wear better than any other interior option.
Example. I have a 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE mini van with leather and 189000 miles and the seats are still in great shape. The drivers seat shows some normal wear but no breaks rips or tears or anything. And that's a daily driver that gets the crap driven out of it. And that's cheaper leather than the SRT have.
They are the most comfortable seats in any car Ive ever had. They are bolstered to hold your but, thighs, and sides so no movement when cornering hard. Yet on long drives are quite fitting.
Settle for no less. Get the best.
Read up on Scandinavian leather and see how they take care of and massage their cows.
Hope this helps a bit. You will love your SRT no less I'm sure.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have the Laguna leather and love it.
Realize this is Scandinavian leather. Known to be the finest leather in the world.
My car is almost one year old (the 26th) and has 2400 miles.
It still smells so strong that its breath taking when you first get in.
After a hour or so drive and you get out, you will smell the leather on your clothes for an hour or so.
I'm not knocking it at all. Just letting you know.
Generally leather will wear better than any other interior option.
Example. I have a 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE mini van with leather and 189000 miles and the seats are still in great shape. The drivers seat shows some normal wear but no breaks rips or tears or anything. And that's a daily driver that gets the crap driven out of it. And that's cheaper leather than the SRT have.
They are the most comfortable seats in any car Ive ever had. They are bolstered to hold your but, thighs, and sides so no movement when cornering hard. Yet on long drives are quite fitting.
Settle for no less. Get the best.
Read up on Scandinavian leather and see how they take care of and massage their cows.
Hope this helps a bit. You will love your SRT no less I'm sure.
Dittos...my '16 SRT392 has 2,700 miles on it and I love the Laguna leather seats. My neighbor, who is a "large" guy, rode in the back seat when I took his grandson for a ride and he said that the back seat was very comfortable.

Attachments

·
Registered
804 Posts
Another big Laguna fan here.

Be careful upon entering and exiting so that you dont crush or break the thigh support.

Other than that, they are awesome.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
742 Posts
My 2016 Scat Pack with Ruby Red alcantara seats has 5200 miles. The seats look great, are comfortable and supporting, nothing to complain about. Had one minor spot (don't know what it was) on drivers seat and it wiped off with damp microfiber towel. Go with whatever pleases you best.

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,371 Posts
My 2016 Scat Pack with Ruby Red alcantara seats has 5200 miles. The seats look great, are comfortable and supporting, nothing to complain about. Had one minor spot (don't know what it was) on drivers seat and it wiped off with damp microfiber towel. Go with whatever pleases you best.
Ditto: I've got a /15 SRT with the same Ruby Red alcantra seats. However, the driver's seat has an issue. Since the suede is very grippy, the jeans don't slide across it very well when I enter the car. They grab the seat bottom and tend to stretch it as I'm getting in. This causes huge wrinkles in the seat bottom panel of the seat's leather. When I get out, there they are, staring up at me. The leather is rather loose. Dodge says this is normal. I've been quoted 130 by a leather shop to remove the seat and repair the loose alcantra.

Just so you know.

Gary

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I agree with Gary. The suede keeps you in your seat, very comfortably. Now, moving once you are there is a to do.
Can't slide around. That's the idea I believe. The leather is supportive but you can slide on it. I like to re position myself therefore the suede is not for me. Had Dodge swap the leather/suede for Katzkin. I am older, into my 60s now and don't race. Just make smoke, have fun. So the leather is fine for me. Not the suede. IF you are doing racing or turns it is probably better to keep your butt planted.........very comfortably. Leather looks better. Hope it helps. IMO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts