Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned vehicles and put long tube headers on them only to have ground clearance issues later. The headers scrapped the ground going over speed bumps etc. The challenger sits fairly low IMO.

Have you guys experienced any issues with long tube headers scrapping the ground after installation?

·
Registered
159 Posts
None. I installed JBA long tubes on my 16 Scat Pack with no issues. The NOWEEDS cutouts lost me almost 5/8” though. But so worth it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,280 Posts
Running long tubes on 2 challengers. Stainless Power, not even close to scraping

·
Registered
873 Posts
Stock, no issues.

Jbas on mine and I’ve got about 3” ground clearance at the collectors now that I’m lowered. I hit the occasional speed bump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: R/T-Randy

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the inputs. So, I guess if I don't lower the vehicle I shouldn't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,280 Posts
Thanks for the inputs. So, I guess if I don't lower the vehicle I shouldn't have to worry about it.
Atleast on my headers, they aren't the lowest part of the car so even lowered they wouldn't scrape

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
My ’15 SRT is lowered a fuzz over an inch with Kooks and works as good as can be expected. I had the shop weld small skid bars on the bottom of the tubes just in case. Sure I tickle the belly on occasion but no more than before installing the long tubes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts