Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if there is a clear cut winner as to who makes the best set of long tube headers. I have a 2010 srt with a kb blower ,Magnaflow comp cat back and soon to have a PWR cam and methonal . will be running cats. please base this on quality and performance with cost in last place.
thank you
midwest

·
Banned
1,655 Posts
I cant tell you definivtly what the best ones are but I can tell you I love my American Racing Headers look and sound great. Talk to Andy since Hes selling you the cam. Kooks are also a great header but the ARH are cheaper.

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just curious? How do you know OBX makes the headers for Kooks?
They don't. Kooks designs and makes their own headers.

OBX is a Chinese knock-off of the Kooks headers for 1/3rd the price.

They are made from 309 stainless and have the same dimensions as Kooks.

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
top secert like everything else with Tim

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
I've never thrown a code with my Kooks. As for the Chinese knockoffs, I have read of fitment "issues" on other makes, warped head plates, etc. They say they've fixed it, but with Chinese quality control who knows?

Since LT's offer pretty minimal power gains for most people, why would you fool with a cheapie set that could give you problems now or down the road? If you want to save some scratch, just add a set or shorties and HF cats and move on.

I like my Kooks, but I know plenty guys with ARH and I would be fine with those as well. Sorry, but I have no interest in putting cut rate parts on my ride. From the OP's sig, I'm guessing he would feel the same.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Chuck, it's likely your rear O2 sensors are shut off in your tune, thus avoiding the codes. I bet you guys don't have emissions testing where you live?

As for the headers if emissions are of no concern then I think Kooks or ARH are of equal quality, although I have heard of Kooks cats blowing out and some welds failing, but Kooks took care of the customer on those incidences.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Ya'll need to give a guy a chance to reply, I do have a day job.......;)

The Afco headers we sell donot kick CEL's. I have never had to turn off the rear O2's or do anything to effect emissions using them.

Troy is a client of mine, the OP of this thread. I had to call him anyways and dealt with his question on the phone instead of replying here.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Ya'll need to give a guy a chance to reply, I do have a day job.......;)

The Afco headers we sell donot kick CEL's. I have never had to turn off the rear O2's or do anything to effect emissions using them.

Troy is a client of mine, the OP of this thread. I had to call him anyways and dealt with his question on the phone instead of replying here.
Interesting. AFCO = Dynatech which is what Jeff runs I believe and he's been very happy with those.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Tim's OK Boatman...he just likes to mess with us Maggie boys from time to time.

If I were ever going to do anything KB related it'd be through Tim.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Nice, you had to have gone to the Jim Bell school of customer service.
So it is ok for you to make a remark but not me because I am a vendor? Sorry, I donot play by those rules. I'm entitled to my personal feelings just like you are. And I do think it sucks for you that you didn't buy a KB. And to be honest, you started it with that reply, so you got right back at you what you deserved.

And yes, Jim Bell is a close friend of mine.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts