Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey to all,

So I have a 2015 SP and I currently have a mid muffler and resonator delete, it’s obviously loud however I wanted to make it louder. I was informed that maybe I should try looking into long tube headers, my question(s) are should I go that route? Is it a good idea to put aftermarket headers on a stock manifold? And last question can someone briefly explain what cat and cat less mid pipes are/mean. I just want the sound, (honestly don’t care about performance) and still be able to pass inspection (NY) Thank You

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Pretty sure using long tube headers, or removing your catylitic converters will not let you pass inspection. If you habe already removed all the mufflers and resonators, then the only way to get louder is to purchase an exhaust tunes to be loud. Corsa comes to mind.

If you remove you cats all hell will break loose, but you wont pass inspection

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,552 Posts
Exhaust cut outs that you can control. I imagine if no mufflers or resonators pass inspection, then closed cutouts would. Open them up and...

A Guy

Reactions: trippytro
1 - 5 of 5 Posts