Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason I have all of the stock header bolts off of my SRT8 Core except 2 of them. They are the middle 2
Bolts in the top side of the passenger side manifold. Does anyone have experience on how to get these 2 bolts out?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind got them out, thanks to a drill and a hole in the wheel well!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Thanks for sharing Plum. I am gonna do this mod sometime in the summer here when work slows down. Very smart thinking outside of the box there as well.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of LT's did you go with?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for sharing Plum. I am gonna do this mod sometime in the summer here when work slows down. Very smart thinking outside of the box there as well.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of LT's did you go with?
I went with the full SLP exhaust w/ cats, sound is absolutely VICIOUS! The catback took some lets say "persuasion" to go on but i finally got it all installed, took about 10 hours total. In the end i am very pleased, unfortunately wasnt able to do a before and after dyno but i feel like the car just pulls a lot stronger on the top end as expected.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Thank God someone finally used a Full SLP system. I have been eyeballing this thing for 2 years now. It seems like such a deal since it's cheap and has the ceramic coating already. Also good to mention it is 3" all all the way to the tips if you use the whole system.

Now lemme ask you this... How hard would it be to swap out the high flows for straight pipe= catless?

Seems like pulling up on some ramps and loosening some band clamps would do it right?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank God someone finally used a Full SLP system. I have been eyeballing this thing for 2 years now. It seems like such a deal since it's cheap and has the ceramic coating already. Also good to mention it is 3" all all the way to the tips if you use the whole system.

Now lemme ask you this... How hard would it be to swap out the high flows for straight pipe= catless?

Seems like pulling up on some ramps and loosening some band clamps would do it right?
Yea it would be very easy to go cat-less like you said, although i would not recommend it if you value your hearing at all. Dont get me wrong i love me loud as f**k muscle cars and having the cats in the SLP w/ Loudmouth I is right on the verge of being too loud. Here is my phone video of my exhaust now:
Challenger SRT8 SLP Loudmouth Exhaust - YouTube

Now if you are going to do the Loudmouth II system with mufflers then going cat-less may provide a excellent sound as well, but i have yet to see anyone go that route.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yeah I understand the cell phone doesn't do it justice either. Still seems very loud and I will take your advice and start with the cats installed and go from there. Don't really want to ride around with ear plugs in... or do I?

Reactions: PlumCrazySRTeight
1 - 8 of 8 Posts