Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I got some extra money stashed under my matress and I am debating what to do for my next mod and I want what will get me the best results and HP. I am thinking some long tubes or high flow cats or both? I know most will say both, but from what I have read is that the cats is where the restriction is for most gains. I dont want to spend $1500.00 to gain only 5rwhp with longtubes, but I really feel like my exhaust is very restrictive now with the blower in it. This is where I wanted to get your guys opinion and help. I am in California, so catless is out of the question, so I need cats. Long tubes are illegal as is here, but it is less of a fine for longtubes then catless if I ever get that one jerk cop and looks under my car, going catless here is alot of trouble!:disgust:

My current mods are V3 vortech blower at 8psi, mufflers with reso delete and caned tune. getting a Tune from adam this weekend at ST motosports. Any of you guys that did longtubes after the SC install that can chime in on results? was it worth it?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
On a stock motor with 8lbs of boost I dont know if either will be worth the investment. You're not going to see a lot of gain with either. You also wont pass emissions as you noted.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep! I got a chance to talk to someone who was a test vehicle for vortech back when the kit came out for the 6.1 and gained only a few rwhp and lost a few tqlbs, after highflows, so may not be my best investment on either mod, looks like only guys with strokers and head work really benefit on this mod. cool, thanks for the response.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Save your money brother, your not going to see a gain in rwh with your current setup(maybe a couple if that) The SRT manifolds flow REALLY well. That Black challenger that dyno pulled 690RWH at adam's had stock manifolds. I ran stock manifolds 533RWH street tune and 757RWH race tune. Spend the money on headers when you build your motor. See you on sat bro! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Save your money brother, your not going to see a gain in rwh with your current setup(maybe a couple if that) The SRT manifolds flow REALLY well. That Black challenger that dyno pulled 690RWH at adam's had stock manifolds. I ran stock manifolds 533RWH street tune and 757RWH race tune. Spend the money on headers when you build your motor. See you on sat bro! :thumbsup:
Karl! whats up brother! will just save the funds for a forged motor instead. you gonna make it to adams saturday! sweet! see ya there man.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
So why does everyone like LTs with hi flo cats on stock motors saying the cats are restrictive? I'd think with the procharger you're packing in more are so you'd want to get more exhaust flow out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts