Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive been seeing a lot of people interested in what certain exhaust systems sound like so I decided to upload a few videos of my setup to give an idea. They were taken form my iphone so it does sound a bit different in person but it is just to give an idea.
I am running American Racing longtubes with catless midpipes to Magnaflow Competition Catback. Its not as raspy in person and sounds deeper.

Semi-cold start
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6Yx1J_U7HI

After driving a few minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTOIzGBigrM

Hope this helps out anyone looking to upgrade their systems!

·
Registered
13 Posts
So Ive been seeing a lot of people interested in what certain exhaust systems sound like so I decided to upload a few videos of my setup to give an idea. They were taken form my iphone so it does sound a bit different in person but it is just to give an idea.
I am running American Racing longtubes with catless midpipes to Magnaflow Competition Catback. Its not as raspy in person and sounds deeper.

Semi-cold start
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6Yx1J_U7HI

After driving a few minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTOIzGBigrM

Hope this helps out anyone looking to upgrade their systems!
Thanks for posting! did you notice any increase in horsepower and torque?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never dyno'd my car before putting the full exhaust on, but to me it felt like a huge increase in hp & tq. After replacing the exhaust and adding the 93 canned tune from the DSP it seemed lke I was getting the proper airflow and would run through the gears very smoothly. I did jump on a dyno after the exhaust though and put out 408hp/405tq on a dymojet.

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,072 Posts
I never dyno'd my car before putting the full exhaust on, but to me it felt like a huge increase in hp & tq. After replacing the exhaust and adding the 93 canned tune from the DSP it seemed lke I was getting the proper airflow and would run through the gears very smoothly. I did jump on a dyno after the exhaust though and put out 408hp/405tq on a dymojet.
You probably should have dynotuned your car while on the dyno because I had ARH high flow catted 1 7/8" longtubes with their catback system and a K&N CAI as my only engine mods and got a lot more power out of mine. The tuner said there was more to be had, but it was pulling timing for whatever reason. The tuner suspected crappy gas, but I wasn't unhappy with the numbers anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You probably should have dynotuned your car while on the dyno because I had ARH high flow catted 1 7/8" longtubes with their catback system and a K&N CAI as my only engine mods and got a lot more power out of mine. The tuner said there was more to be had, but it was pulling timing for whatever reason. The tuner suspected crappy gas, but I wasn't unhappy with the numbers anyway.

Impressive numbers! I never had my car professionally tuned, when I had my car dyno'd the shop i went to just adjusted off the Diablo to make sure my air to fuel was correct and all. I am getting a cam installed very soon and I'm gonna have Stu from Inertia tune my car while on the dyno.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is anyone familiar with Porter Mufflers? This is what a local muffler shop suggests for my RT. The Porter Muffler site has a video of an RT Challenger that has their mufflers and I think it sounds awesome, but am undecided until I hear more.

Porter Cat back exhaust system on 5.7 Challenger | Porter Mufflers
Never heard of Porter. IMO I'd rather just go with a full catback system instead of changing the mufflers only. If you're gonna do an exhaust switch then you might as well go with a catback system.

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,072 Posts
Impressive numbers! I never had my car professionally tuned, when I had my car dyno'd the shop i went to just adjusted off the Diablo to make sure my air to fuel was correct and all. I am getting a cam installed very soon and I'm gonna have Stu from Inertia tune my car while on the dyno.
That should add a LOT of power! I'd love to see your results after it's tuned.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm hoping so! I'm also getting my throttle body ported by Fastman so I'm hoping that gives a few extra hp. I'll definitely post vids and numbers whenever it's done!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bcraw, do you not have emissions regulations where you live in TX?
We do. I just haven't taken my car to get inspected in the past 2 1/2 years so technically I'm running illegal lol. I do know a little shop down the street that'll more than likely pass me, just need to make the time for it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Never heard of Porter. IMO I'd rather just go with a full catback system instead of changing the mufflers only. If you're gonna do an exhaust switch then you might as well go with a catback system.
I may not have said it correctly. I will be looking to change the mufflers and delete the resonator. Is not the same as a catback system?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts