Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy gang.

I hope Covid-19 is not driving you as insane is it is for me.

I've been eyeballing challengers on and off for the last few years but after hitting 41, and looking at my little Japano-econo-box I realized that when I grow up I really want to move to a Challenger. It just looks the part. It is a nice thicc boi and I literally take a breath every time I see any Challenger roll past me. I also roll my eyes whenever I see any mustang made after the 80's.

I live in the DC metro area so salt damage is kind of an issue, and I don't really care about the POWER. It's more a stance and look thing for me. My budget is super limited so I really plan to look at SXTs and RTs, but I'm not sure what red flags I need to be aware of. So does anybody have a noobies guide to Dad's first muscle car I can read over and make my new car bible?

~!cody

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,796 Posts
Welcome from California ;) The whole site is full of info, that's as close to all in one place :)

A Guy

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,202 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right on, thanks. I really want to look at a 2015-2017 challenger in the 14-17k range. I don't really need power, so for me an SXT is fine. I just don't really know what the pitfalls of a used 3-5 year old challenger would be.Do people kill the transitions? Is the info-tainment system any good? I drove a tiny little Hyunda manual for 7 years and, I can say in the DC/MD/Northern VA area, I am not really interested in going manual. I mean I think I want a stock V-6 with keyless entry, push start and a backup camera. The 8 speed sounds way better then this fake creepy CVT I have in my nissan. So what is a good part of the form to start in?

Thanks for the welcome, the help and the resources gang.

~c

1 - 8 of 8 Posts