Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So they are re-doing my street that involves putting oil down then covering the whole block with gravel, it says go 20mph but they don't and even when people do like me so it don't have a million rocks sandpaper my car, there is a massive cloud of dust every time a car goes buy. Now god forbid a truck comes down the street out looks like the apocalypse. So sorry to run on and on just needed to vent.:(

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
I live in the country on a gravel road. They grade the road at least once a month, making it dustier than you can imagine. It's frustrating, especially when I drive 10mph to keep the dust down a bit and someone goes by and dusts me out. I just deal with it. I spend more on car washes than the average person does.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
So they are re-doing my street that involves putting oil down then covering the whole block with gravel, it says go 20mph but they don't and even when people do like me so it don't have a million rocks sandpaper my car, there is a massive cloud of dust every time a car goes buy. Now god forbid a truck comes down the street out looks like the apocalypse. So sorry to run on and on just needed to vent.:(

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yep... Good 'ole "chip and seal"... Ughhh... That's what they do now in Central Illinois unless you live in Morton where the money is.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
I live in the country on a gravel road. They grade the road at least once a month, making it dustier than you can imagine. It's frustrating, especially when I drive 10mph to keep the dust down a bit and someone goes by and dusts me out. I just deal with it. I spend more on car washes than the average person does.
Same here. :(

·
Registered
601 Posts
Oh my!!! I'd run out to the nearest auto parts store and pick up a cheap cover. Make sure you wash the car first though! Everyone has different opinions on covers but in your case I think it's warranted at least until the construction is done. You could get a cheap one for 50 bucks and at least it will prevent this while it parked in your driveway while people are causing a pig pen dust cloud driving down the road.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes i should have bought a cover, but it was like a covert ops kind of thing they just put up signs saying no parking on street then the next day i come home from work and the whole street is covered in rocks. And the sad thing is i have a two car garage, well actually one my 1968 ford galaxie is on one side, but im in and out up and down a lot so i don't feel like going in and out all day. Its better now almost all the rocks are gone now all that's left is sticky tar that makes a sound like your driving on the sticky side of tape.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
now all that's left is sticky tar that makes a sound like your driving on the sticky side of tape.
Check your wheel wells and rockers for tar splatter.

·
Registered
637 Posts
pray for rain, and the next year to pass.

The county roads get the same tar and chip, I avoid them if possible for a year to let the chip get mashed into the tar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts