Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Central Dodge in Raynham Ma has a Pitch Black 392/6 speed for around $30,000 with 15,000 miles on the odometer. I know nothing about the car other than I saw it there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Meant a catch can is a must have for these cars to keep oil out of the intake.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Have read about needing a catch can but have also read that it only catches a fraction of the oil. So is it kind of pointless?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Have read about needing a catch can but have also read that it only catches a fraction of the oil. So is it kind of pointless?

Define fraction.

1/4 is a fraction.

1/2 is a fraction

7/8 is a fraction.

If you're planning to keep the car for a long time it's not pointless, if you're not planning to keep the car, why even mod it at all?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Define fraction.

1/4 is a fraction.

1/2 is a fraction

7/8 is a fraction.

If you're planning to keep the car for a long time it's not pointless, if you're not planning to keep the car, why even mod it at all?
I can't remember the exact number but it was a pretty small amount.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Define fraction.

1/4 is a fraction.

1/2 is a fraction

7/8 is a fraction.

It keeps oil out of the intake on a 6.1 had oil in the intake with 20000miles. Put catch can on and no oil in the intake after. Really helped once I put a procharger on

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,366 Posts
It keeps oil out of the intake on a 6.1 had oil in the intake with 20000miles. Put catch can on and no oil in the intake after...
Psyco:
could you add a few details concerning just how and when you checked the "before and after" of your catch can install? Info like this is valuable to this forum.

On most forums, guys are quick to offer their opinions about catch cans. Many debate endlessly if they're worth it or not. We did a huge amount of research on this last year, and settled the matter. I appreciate psycomopar's response above. It confirms once again what we learned last year on this forum, that there is definitive proof that catch cans work. I have not read any credible sources that confirm that they only stop a percentage of oil mist getting injected back into the intake manifold. I've read that they work and that they seriously reduce this problem. I've seen before and after pictures and read several testimonies from guys who took the time to document what happened before and after a catch can installation. The evidence is conclusive, and you can quote me on that. Consider this an established fact, sir. Catch cans work. They will indeed limit the amount of gunk that gets attached to the back side of your intake valves and the inside of the combustion chamber.

Now the question is which catch can? They are not all created equal and some work better than others. There are many out there. As Praise V8 has mentioned on other subjects, there's no free lunch with mechanical things. In this case, it's very likely that the more ya spend, the better they work. Most of the time, ya get what cha pay for... as they say. After doing a lot of research and contacting manufacturers about their product, I chose a UPR: a little costly, but worth it in my opinion. However, many on this forum have a Billet Technology can as they cost a little less. There are others, of course, so good luck with your decision.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts