Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2018 R/T 6M
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm looking for a 2015-2017 R/T with a 6M transmission. Fine with R/T, R/T Plus, or Shaker Variation.
Prefer under 45K miles..

Located just North of Boston and will to travel up to 100 miles.

·
Registered
2018 R/T 6M
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Torred, hellcat cold air box, Barton shifter, speed dawg shift knob, resonator delete, 12k miles
Thanks 16r/t. Sounds like a fun ride. I appreciate the torred but am holding out for another color... first choice is silver/gray. I prefer those over the red, orange, purple, and yellow.

·
Registered
2018 R/T 6M
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@droptopron - Thanks for the reply. Trying to keep it under 30K all in. Willing to travel a few hours.. with covid, things are a little more complicated. Must have would be the larger nav. Doesn't need to be fully loaded, but not looking for a base model. Prefer darker color wheels but not required. I'm picky on some of the graphics... I like the hood stripe, but not as much of a fan of the side graphics.

·
Registered
2018 R/T 6M
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just signed paperwork on a Challenger R/T from Carvana. First time buying a car online. The price seemed a little too good to be true. It's either going to be an awesome steal or it's going to show up with a lot more wear/tear than what's visible in the pictures... We'll see...

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
2,086 Posts
Fill in the blanks Man!!!! Details, details.......haha

·
Registered
2018 R/T 6M
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol @fyrdude

2018/RT in Silver... 25,237 miles. Was previously a lease. Relatively clean Carfax (which it had more details). Has the Performance Handling Group, Driver Convenience, Cold Weather Group, Sound Group, UConnect, HyperBlack Wheels, and Red Calipers.

Someone bought and returned it earlier this month which scares the crap out of me... but I'm hoping everything will be ok.

Came in within my budget. Delivery scheduled for August 22.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Very cool. Hope it all works out for you. Pics and impressions when it arrives, ok?

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack M6
235 Posts
I assume this is it? Post how you like the Carvana experience when all is said & done I also have a CT6. I shopped them before I bought but they were more than a CPO I found locally. It does look like a good price and a relatively clean car. Its a bit strangely optioned. Maybe that kept the price down?

·
Registered
2018 R/T 6M
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi @droptopron,

Yep... that's the one! I'm happy to share how it goes. As you know, Carvana has a 7 day return policy. If I don't like it, I can return it, however I had to pay for shipping and that amount is non-refundable.

Here's the interesting part... The car was apparently sold and returned earlier this month. The inspection date is from July 11 and the odometer in the photos is about 380 miles less than the current mileage. I expressed concern that the pictures and inspection is not a true representation of the vehicle. They said there wasn't anything they could do about it. One of their Reps did some digging and confirmed that the vehicle condition was not the reason for the return. Supposedly it goes through a final inspection before delivery and that when it's delivered, I can do an inspection with the delivery person and document any concerns. A little nerve wracking...

I've already been in touch with my mechanic about doing a thorough inspection. Keeping my fingers crossed the the vehicle is well represented in the photos. I've read online some stories that shows the photos weren't accurate.

It's hard to find an R/T with the 6M. I feel that many people who go the 6M route go straight to the 6.4L or larger engines. The price is much lower than what I've seen around me...time will tell.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hi @droptopron,

Yep... that's the one! I'm happy to share how it goes. As you know, Carvana has a 7 day return policy. If I don't like it, I can return it, however I had to pay for shipping and that amount is non-refundable.

Here's the interesting part... The car was apparently sold and returned earlier this month. The inspection date is from July 11 and the odometer in the photos is about 380 miles less than the current mileage. I expressed concern that the pictures and inspection is not a true representation of the vehicle. They said there wasn't anything they could do about it. One of their Reps did some digging and confirmed that the vehicle condition was not the reason for the return. Supposedly it goes through a final inspection before delivery and that when it's delivered, I can do an inspection with the delivery person and document any concerns. A little nerve wracking...

I've already been in touch with my mechanic about doing a thorough inspection. Keeping my fingers crossed the the vehicle is well represented in the photos. I've read online some stories that shows the photos weren't accurate.

It's hard to find an R/T with the 6M. I feel that many people who go the 6M route go straight to the 6.4L or larger engines. The price is much lower than what I've seen around me...time will tell.
Update?!

·
Registered
2018 R/T 6M
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Byron

Really funny because I was just about to post an update today...

So... the car was scheduled to be delivered on Sat, August 22 at noon. 1PM rolls around and I hadn't heard anything. I called Carvana and a rep indicated that my car didn't arrive in MA and that someone was supposed to have notified me. They didn't. I had to wait until Monday to call the delivery hub. The soonest they could schedule the delivery was August 27. They agreed to let me come to the hub on Tuesday (8/25) to get the car.

The Good: The car is sweet... the pictures were very accurate. Overall very good condition and drives great.
The Bad: There were a couple snafus... the roof was damaged on the transport. There's a dent. The Carvana rep pointed it to and indicated he already filed an insurance claim to get it resolved. Other issues - the 2nd key was missing. They'll either send it to me or reimburse me to buy one from a dealer. There was no front license plate holder (required in MA). They said I could go buy the OEM one and they'd reimburse me. Lastly, when I drove away, the I was barely a 1/4 mile down the road and the tire pressure light went on. Right front tire had only 25 lbs. I circled back and brought it to their attention. We noticed what looks like a staple in the side wall. The Carvana rep indicated he'd file another claim and that there's a high probably they'd replace both front tires since they have about 25k miles on them. If that occurs, I'll probably pay out of pocket for the other 2 so I'll have 4 new tires.

The car was clean, but not detailed as expected. I also don't trust their 150 pt inspectio. My mechanic taking a look this Thursday. But I'm stoked! The people I spoke to at Carvana were all very responsive and trying to make the issues right.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack M6
235 Posts
Its good that they'll make it right, but that is a lot of issues before delivery. Hope it all works out. It does look clean.
Plate bracket I got this one. Uses existing holes so you don't have to drill the bumper cover. Very well made as well

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Search here for plate mounting options that will work without drilling holes in the bumper. Looks great. Enjoy it safely.

·
Registered
2018 R/T 6M
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@droptopron + @fyrdude - Thanks for the tips on the license plate holder.

I'll get the update tomorrow from my mechanic. There have been a couple headaches, but I'm optimistic. It's not every day you find a used car spec'd exactly how you'd want it in your price range.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts