Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but I am looking for a Dodge Challenger 2008-2020 in good condition for $10,000 CAD ($7,500 USD) or less. Color, horsepower, etc. do not matter. I just want the engine, the body, the tires, and the paint job etc. to be in a good condition. I would prefer Orange, Yellow, or Lime Green though. If anybody knows a good place to get one for this price let me know. I live on the Far West Side of Canada, so preferably in that region. It will be a bit of time before I can afford it, but I am also just kind of curious if you can even get one for that price. I would even love a Grey 2008 Base model. Please tell me also if I am putting this in the wrong place.

·
Premium Member
2,890 Posts
My only suggestion is to look on cars.com Plug in your area code, and see what's out there.

·
Super Moderator
16,887 Posts
to get one in that price range - its going to be a high mile 2009 / 2010 and probably an SE (V6) model at that.

Hemi Orange was only on V8 models (R/T and SRT) and yellow didn't turn up until 2010 for SRT8 or R/T Classic models). Sublime Green first appears on 2015 - unlikely anything turns up in that low of a price range (SXT base would be cheapest)

a $10K Challenger would probably be in very worn or poor condition. A 3.5 V6 (2009 / 2010) model isn't very desirable due to the low power and A4 (four speed) automatic in early versions. 2010s went to A5 transmissions

the 2011+ went to a 305hp 3.6 V6 and offered better performance.

My advice is to build up a larger budget.

PS: all 2008s were SRT8 models (higher price, higher residual resale) - they only came in Silver, Black and Orange in those years and probably are in the 14 - 21K USD range depending on mileage and condition

anything really low priced would be a salvage or rebuilt title. Most of the time it might not be road legal or insurance companies will not write a policy. And resale is pretty much gone

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
to get one in that price range - its going to be a high mile 2009 / 2010 and probably an SE (V6) model at that.

Hemi Orange was only on V8 models (R/T and SRT) and yellow didn't turn up until 2010 for SRT8 or R/T Classic models). Sublime Green first appears on 2015 - unlikely anything turns up in that low of a price range (SXT base would be cheapest)

a $10K Challenger would probably be in very worn or poor condition. A 3.5 V6 (2009 / 2010) model isn't very desirable due to the low power and A4 (four speed) automatic in early versions. 2010s went to A5 transmissions

the 2011+ went to a 305hp 3.6 V6 and offered better performance.

My advice is to build up a larger budget.

PS: all 2008s were SRT8 models (higher price, higher residual resale) - they only came in Silver, Black and Orange in those years and probably are in the 14 - 21K USD range depending on mileage and condition

anything really low priced would be a salvage or rebuilt title. Most of the time it might not be road legal or insurance companies will not write a policy. And resale is pretty much gone
Okay, thank you for all the information and help, I guess I will just save for several more months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts