Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stated last week that i found my filter for my mopar CAI was no longer attatched to the tubing and the car seemed to be running funny. since i was tinkering in the engine bay i decided to remove the filter and clean it off per the instructions that came with it. when i removed it I noticed the hub ( i guess u would call it that) that gets clamped to the filter and then clamped to the tubing, was pretty severely crushed on one side. after washing and drying the filter i reinstalled it but found that it wouldnt sit securely in the clamp and would dislodge very easily. I must have overtightened the hose clamp when i originally installed it. The problem is that i cant seem to find a new hub anywhere. I went to the dealer and he ordered me a new filter telling me that the piece im looking for comes with it. Went to pick it up only to find that he was mistaken. The service manager said he would call mopar on this past monday to see if he could locate it and then let me know. Needless to say i havent heard back from him and my phone calls to him have fallen on deaf ears as he has not returned my calls. I have since filled the gap on the hub with magic putty and it seems to be holding. However, i would really like to find a new or used hub piece without having to purchase a new CAI. Does anyone know where I can find such a piece? thanks for any help,

Jim.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
I heard of another CAI doing that too but it wasn't a Mopar CAI. That's starting yo worry me now. I think that tube is just one piece so I don't think you can get it seperate and when I got my CAI the dealership said the XAI wouldn't void the warranty but the CAI it's self wasn't covered by my warranty.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not looking for the tube, im looking for the hub that gets clamped between the filter and the tube. Im not worried about it being covered by warranty i just would like to know where to find one. I was thinking of checking junkyards for wrecked challengers and seeing if they had the mopar CAI. maybe i could find it there.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
I didn't realize that was a seperate piece. I thought it was part of the tube. Good luck. I haven't seen any challengers in the junk yards around here but I never saw any on the road before I got mine 10 months ago.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
im not looking for the tube, im looking for the hub that gets clamped between the filter and the tube. Im not worried about it being covered by warranty i just would like to know where to find one. I was thinking of checking junkyards for wrecked challengers and seeing if they had the mopar CAI. maybe i could find it there.
So you are looking for the airbox lid? If so I have a few of these laying around.

or are you looking for the black part between the filter and the silver tube?

or this part (also called the air horn)
for reference: part number (9-P4510832) as per the other forum but I'd verify through your parts guy first. http://www.lxforums.com/board/f71/mopar-cai-air-horn-warped-17963/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts