Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking for 295/40/20 tire fitment confirmation...

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a set of Continental Extreme Contact DWS 295/40/20's. Can anyone confirm fitment on the rear of a '13 RT lowered on Hotchkis springs with 20x10's w/ +18?

Hoping not to have to roll the fenders. Anyone able to verify?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I can't say either way, however post pictures when you get them. They're going to look good!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link rajunz definitely some good info in that thread but did not find the definitive yes/no answer I was hoping for!
I will be running staggered viper replicas. Figured someone out there MUST be running 295/40/20's on a 10" +18 wheel on a lowered car (or at least tried to) and can tell me if they fit without rolling fenders??

Yeah cannonballcobb.....I will post pic's for sure!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
More good info in this one. Like I said it will be real close, +25 offset is ideal for these cars.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f79/what-offsets-295-40-20-a-90318/

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f79/22s-eibach-sportline-springs-pics-124121/

Go play with this and you'll get a better understanding of where you're at. I type in my specs 285/35/22 tire on 10.5" wheel with ET 25, then your spec of 295/40/20 on a 10" wheel with 18ET and it says your setup will stick out another .5" over mine. If mine were out another .5", I'd have to roll the fenders. If you don't want to roll them, get a 275 tire.

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

·
Registered
36 Posts
a 285/40/20 is the same overall diam. as the 255/45/20 on the rear of srt's...should fit well on a lowered car, with no rubbing. your still gettin a a lot more tire beef with that set up!

·
Premium Member
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I ran that tire combo back in 2010 no rubbing on the side wall but over dips on the highway a little scrubbing of the plastic liner...

295/40/20 on a Viper Replica 20x10 +18

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ran that tire combo back in 2010 no rubbing on the side wall but over dips on the highway a little scrubbing of the plastic liner...

295/40/20 on a Viper Replica 20x10 +18
Thanks 70TA that's what I was hoping! I can deal with inner fender rub. Ordered the tires yesterday and was starting to stress thinking they may not fit. I really don't want to have to roll the fenders.

Love your car by the way! What lowering springs were you running in the photo?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
295/40/20's DON'T clear w/ Viper replica 20X10's +18

Well got the wheels and tires on and have some interference on the rears with the fender lip and the sidewall. So much for not having to roll the fender lip. 70TA...either you had a narrower 295/40 tire (Continental Extreme Contact DWS) or something changed between the model years. Here's some pic's:

Floor Automotive exterior Flooring Bumper Mode of transport
255/45/20's

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Car Tire
295/40/20's

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Muscle car
Staggered Viper replica's 20x9's and 20x10's

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Automotive exterior

Now the search is on to find someone in Vegas who can do a proper job of rolling the fenders. :headbang:

·
Registered
4,223 Posts

Rolling the fender isn't that big of a deal.

Car looks good!

·
Premium Member
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Well got the wheels and tires on and have some interference on the rears with the fender lip and the sidewall. So much for not having to roll the fender lip. 70TA...either you had a narrower 295/40 tire (Continental Extreme Contact DWS) or something changed between the model years. Here's some pic's:

Now the search is on to find someone in Vegas who can do a proper job of rolling the fenders. :headbang:
I was running TOYO Proxes it may have been a little narrower than the Continental and the rims were older I got them from a charger owner... I'm currently running a staggered set of Vipers with a 315/35/20 out back but I'm not sitting as low as I used to since I changed out the lowering springs to coil-overs...
Also rolling the fenders isn't to bad my first set of 315/35/20 I cut my sidewalls all up before I got to roll the fenders and had to remount and balance the rears directional tires... I picked up the fender tool at harbor freight the metal is very soft took about 1 hour for each side just do a little at a time multiple passes...

Sorry for your problem but the car looks *****in!!!

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
You can rent them for $40. Check craigslist or ebay

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can rent them for $40. Check craigslist or ebay
Yeah I saw those....$40 + minimum of $35 shipping then wait for some flakey ebayer to get around to shipping it....then get it to find out its broken or missing parts. Been there done that!

Figure I'm better off paying the $100.00 to get a new one and know its on the way. Probably sell it when I'm done and recoup most of my money.
Went ahead and ordered one should have it by Friday.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
They say to use a heat gun when you're rolling to prevent your paint from cracking. I've always used a blow dryer, just to ensure that I didn't over heat the paint. Good Luck.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They say to use a heat gun when you're rolling to prevent your paint from cracking. I've always used a blow dryer, just to ensure that I didn't over heat the paint. Good Luck.
Yeah...I read that also. I've got a heat gun that I'm pretty comfortable using and should have the tool tomorrow- I will roll the fenders this weekend and report back.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts