Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously considering adding a 2011+ front fascia and 392 splitter to my 2009 R/T. My dad owns a body shop so I won't have any labor or paint charges and I can get all the parts from the dealer at about 10% off and my total cost for this will be right about $470. My question is, do you think I should do it? I know it's my car and what I want is what should matter but I've done modifications before that I was advised against and later hated them and wasted more money re-doing what I should've only had to do once (I'm on my 3rd set of wheels...sticking with these though:icon_aetsch:). I've had a lot of compliments saying my car is modded just right and I wouldn't want to do this blinded by the excitement of new parts then later discover I'm not a fan. Ultimately I'll still make the call but I wanted some input first.

Reasons for wanting to:
1.Hate the rams head logo
2. Guy who owned the car before me had rocks in his car cover when he put it on and badly scratched the front fascia
3. I still have holes where the front plate used to be
4. I like the look of the 2011+ & the 392 splitter, looks aggressive

Reasons I may not:
1. Cost, may spend the money on sway bars or a strut brace...
2. Unsure about maybe "ruining a good thing"
3. I also like the 2009 & pre-2011 SRT8 front splitter combo I have, but looks less aggressive
4. I feel like the 392 splitter would be easier to hit on dips or curbs and may not hold up as well (looks thinner)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,524 Posts
If you like the look and can afford $470 go for it.

On the other hand, you can get the front fascia repainted and easily replace the rams head for a lot less money.

If you decide to replace the rams head (there are many optional Dodge and MOPAR designs), here are the steps:

The upper portion of the chrome piece needs to lift up first and disengage two little tabs that stick down from the chrome into clips on the black piece. There are two lower tabs that the chrome piece slides into that hold it in place. You can lift up on the whole thing while sliding the lower point towards the front of the car to disengage those. The chrome piece pops right off when you do that. Then use a small interior trim pry tool to disengage the black tabs going into the body.

It should take less than 2 minutes to have it off the car.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I say of what you want if you can afford it.

Since you're asking my opinion I have two things to add. I personally do not like the rams head or replacements I've seen. The blank fascia looks cleaner and nicer to me. Second, I don't think your suggested mod would "ruin" a good thing. The newer version of the SRT does not include the rams head and has the splitter from the factory... so Dodge must have thought that was a good thing.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
How long do you intend to keep this car? If less than 2 years, then I would keep the $470 and save it for the next car. If you plan on keeping the car a long time and you already need to repaint the front, then getting rid of the Ram's head logo makes sense to me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
For about $150 you can replace your rams head with a vast array of emblems and add a 392 spoiler which I plan to very soon. I too hated the rams head, it's a Challenger not a truck! I got the black Mopar logo from shopHEMI.com

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the responses guys, since I do plan on keeping this car long term I think I will go ahead and pull the trigger. And I realize I want clear about the "ruin a good thing" bit, what I meant was my car seems...softer than 2011 fronts with 392 splitters, they look very agressive and I wasnt sure if I wanted to keep it subtle or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts