Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Hope this is ok to post here, I was told to try here since the NAG1 was sold in the Challenger, and there's a lot more folks modifying Challengers than Durangos.

I'm looking for a shop or individual who might be able to handle the electronics & programming side of this transmission swap. I'd prefer to do it without having to go with a standalone controller but that'd work as a backup plan.

I have a 2012 durango R/T RWD with the NGC4 PCM, and a 65RFE transmission. I want to install a NAG1 or possibly 8HP70. The hardware side will all bolt up fine.

Here's what I know about the different combinations:
  • The 2012 Durango 5.7 was sold with the 65RFE trans and NGC4 PCM (ecm and tcm combined)
  • The 2012 Durango 3.6 was sold with the NAG1 trans, NGC4 PCM, but has a separate ECS53 TCM.
  • The 2014+ Durango 5.7 had the 8hp70 8 speed, but an entirely new TCM and PCM system.
  • I think there are a couple of Jeeps (Grand Cherokee SRT8) that had the 5.7 and the Nag1, but they were AWD.
I've talked to a couple of shops who tell me it can probably be done, but nobody has wanted to get into the details.

If anyone can point me towards a shop or tuner who really knows these PCMs I would massively appreciate it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Chuck @ Hell Raiser Performance Transmission Hollywood,FL is were I would start. he has put a lot of transmissions were they don't belong in regards to Gen3 Hemi's. message thru FB or 954-324-3377

1 - 2 of 2 Posts