Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there! I've recently undertaken an arduino project in which I'm attempting to transplant a 2015 Challenger cluster into a 1977 Celica (Happy to provide pics if anyones interested).

The plan is for the arduino to supply the signals and canbus data the cluster requires, how ever I'm finding it quite difficult to figure out the required data for the cluster. The only thing I've figured out so far is controlling the fuel gauge. I was hoping that someone here would be willing to provide to me a capture of their can bus data? I only have a cluster and no access to a challenger. I'm also ok with data being omitted like Vin ect.

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much for taking the time to read the post.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,384 Posts
Sounds like a very interesting project. Please post some pictures. It may be worth renting a Challenger for a day, just so you can get the data you are looking for while the system is actively doing what you need. I knew a guy with a 1977 Celica GT Liftback back in the day.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Will edit original post with pictures as requested. You're not the first person to suggest renting a challenger. Biggest difficulty I've found is specifically finding a 2015 challenger. From my understanding, year to year even many of the can bus frame IDs change. And many of the rental companies have 2017 or later models in my area (if any)

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,384 Posts
I am by no means an import kind of guy, but I always appreciated those old Celicas, and even some Datsuns were neat, mainly because the were all still RWD. Good luck with your project.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts