Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the bulb that lights up the PRND on the shifter. The bulb says s14v 2w.

I want to replace it with an LED bulb. Does anyone know if this bulb is the same as this or maybe one of these or something entirely different?

Please help. Apparently I do not read the language of the Vs and Ws.. with numbers in between. o_O

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. Do you know if it's the same as either of those in the link. Apparently, when I go to the LED sites, their language is different:

"LED Replacement for OEM miniature wedge base bulb types 17, 18, 24, 37, 70, 73, 74, 79, 85, 86, and 2721

And

T1-3/4 and T1-1/2 bulbs with standard LED or High Power SMD LED, also available without the Twist-Lock holder. "

I don't know what they are saying.. My bulb says nothing about a T1, nor does it list any of the numbers listed in the first one, but it does look like it on the screen. Unfortunately, I can't really determine the real size on the computer.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
thanks. Do you know if it's the same as either of those in the link. Apparently, when I go to the LED sites, their language is different:

"LED Replacement for OEM miniature wedge base bulb types 17, 18, 24, 37, 70, 73, 74, 79, 85, 86, and 2721

And

T1-3/4 and T1-1/2 bulbs with standard LED or High Power SMD LED, also available without the Twist-Lock holder. "

I don't know what they are saying.. My bulb says nothing about a T1, nor does it list any of the numbers listed in the first one, but it does look like it on the screen. Unfortunately, I can't really determine the real size on the computer.
Post a pic of the bulb.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm wondering.. Has anyone replaced the bulbs in the dash? or the doorknob area? or the back of the front seats? There are soo many bulbs!

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I plan on trying to do the same thing in Red..... The cup holder uses 5mm led's. The shifter bulb I think? is 74-xHP3, this is a 360 degree high power SMD LED, changing the x to R in the part number would make it red. I'm pretty sure this is the one we need? Maybe a little more research before I order.

I already changed the trunk and interior Map to red SMD LED's. So far so good.

Now for Shifter, cup holder and doors to start.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was going I do my chally interior lights red as well. But I want to eventually turn the lights Into black lights.So the red map lights are what size led? I thi k I'm reading it wrong.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I was going I do my chally interior lights red as well. But I want to eventually turn the lights Into black lights.So the red map lights are what size led? I thi k I'm reading it wrong.

These are the ones I used (see below). Red in Color, SMT LED's. Had to trim ends with dremmel, just used the grinding wheel to remove some of the plastic, remove the original lights and pull off the metal ends and stick them on the new led's. I also did not use the reflectors, I did not need them, they are plenty bright. There are two map/dome lights.

RL4410-RHP9 $5 bucks each. Not sure if I can put the site on here? a google search of the part should show you the site.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
I also did the shifter bulb in red, easy change. Part Number 74-RHP3, again google it. $3.50, Had to remove a little material to make the bulb fit, easy fix. Fits nice and snug.

Did the cup holder in red. Part Number RL5-R3545 .59 cents each. Need two of them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I change my dome light to led black lights. Looks good! I just need to find out how to take out the lights right above the driver an passenger. If you guys have input let me k ow please

1 - 11 of 11 Posts