Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Stars & Stripes Scatpack
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Was wondering if anyone knows where to find a set of 15+ challenger interior door handle covers. Like the ones here
Look at this on eBay

Except in gloss black. Searching eBay and Amazon so far with no luck. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,691 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He
Man, they make covers for just about everything! BUT, mostly CF or Red...I find no Black

A Guy
Hey A Guy,
That's what I'm finding as well unfortunately. Guess it's time to pull out the rattle cans I'm thinking on going with a black and gold theme.

·
Registered
118 Posts
To be fair the CF ones are pretty dark....

But not gloss black...

-Dogg

·
Super Moderator
15,067 Posts
spray it and then follow up with clear coat - for more durability. the OEM units are that satin silver finish -across all models

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,691 Posts
The stock color makes them easier for passengers to find to get out, lol. I think satin black would look better than gloss, and I'm a gloss black fan :D

The only thing I'd really think about changing with the Blacktop interior is the chrome ring on the steering wheel. They do make that in gloss black, although I think satin black like the rest of the wheel would look better

A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,425 Posts
He

Hey A Guy,
That's what I'm finding as well unfortunately. Guess it's time to pull out the rattle cans I'm thinking on going with a black and gold theme.
If you are going to paint, I would get covers and paint them, not paint the factory handles. Then if you truly like the look consider permanent changes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Buy the door handle covers and wrap them in vinyl. Would look better and hold up better than paint.

A Guy... I agree with you on the chrome ring on the steering wheel. Looks out of place. I’d prefer a flat finish or the overlay on top. Thinking of doing a carbon fiber one over mine.

There’s virtually no way to take that trim ring off without destroying it. So I suppose another option would be to buy a replacement and wrap it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The stock color makes them easier for passengers to find to get out, lol. I think satin black would look better than gloss, and I'm a gloss black fan :D

The only thing I'd really think about changing with the Blacktop interior is the chrome ring on the steering wheel. They do make that in gloss black, although I think satin black like the rest of the wheel would look better

A Guy
That chrome trim is on my list. Ive been looking at rebadgedesign thinking on having them do some custom badges and matching trim ring.

Satin black could look good. I'd love to change color on the silver/chrome surround on the center console panel and gauge cluster/head unit panel but looks like a pita to wrap.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,691 Posts
Yeah, I contacted them to see if they'd do just a plain gloss black steering wheel trim ring, and they say they would. But I was thinking matching the gloss black trim bezels, and the steering wheel is satin. Why in the world they made all trim gloss black except the silver surrounds, and a chrome steering wheel ring is beyond me. I don't want to slap a sticker on and make it worse

A Guy

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found a few panels on eBay in the 80 to 100 range if I can find one cheap enough might have to try painting black as well. I don't like stickers much either especially on such a large piece. Might have to look into professional painting to get it how I want it.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,425 Posts
Buy the door handle covers and wrap them in vinyl. Would look better and hold up better than paint.

A Guy... I agree with you on the chrome ring on the steering wheel. Looks out of place. I’d prefer a flat finish or the overlay on top. Thinking of doing a carbon fiber one over mine.

There’s virtually no way to take that trim ring off without destroying it. So I suppose another option would be to buy a replacement and wrap it.
Actually, good idea but just wrap you original handles in vinyl. Dirt cheap, removeable.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Hey guys,
Was wondering if anyone knows where to find a set of 15+ challenger interior door handle covers. Like the ones here
Look at this on eBay

Except in gloss black. Searching eBay and Amazon so far with no luck. Thanks in advance.
Ask the Seller if they are available in Gloss Black. That is how I got most of my silver interior pieces because the seller did not list everything available in silver.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts