Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just picked up a 2014 R/T 6speed about 3 weeks ago and love it. I've come over from the world of LS Camaros. My last ride was a 2002 z 28 6 speed that put down 430rwhp with full bolt ons and heads and cam naturally aspirated. For the challenger I'd like to step it up a bit and hit somewhere between 450-500 rwhp. After some of the searching I've done this isn't looking too promising with the vvt eagle motors. Ive seen a few posts from 2010 and 2011 where some guys on here with heads and cam were only making 375 to 390 to the wheels. Has things changed since those older posts? Are guys seeing better numbers now? Or are my goals unreasonable for a stock 5.7 short block? Any help and direction is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the direction guys.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what seems to be the trend with these cars that I've seen. They respond well to boost or turbos but not so much to heads and cam like a LS car would.

·
Banned
553 Posts
Time to get blown. There are 5.7's out there making a lot of power. A lot has changed since those old posts. Arrington and others can tune vvt fine and there are a ton of blower options. It's about money. Reach out to the vendors and performance shops and they will be more than willing to get you where you want to be. Search youtube for 5.7 speedy challenger to find built 5.7's

Enjoy the ride with all the additional space over the last car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Yeah...as a matter of fact I just read another article in July's issue of Mopar muscle magazine on the Kenne Bell's system...it's amazing the hp you can get at 8psi with pump 91 octane. The issue I have is California's smog laws, so doing the cam and long tube headers would of been more of a headache than it was worth. The article was more based on the 392, but still a good read!

·
Registered
540 Posts
SxyBeast has an Edelbrock supercharged R/T with RWHP right in the range you're seeking. 50 state legal with a warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts