Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've developed a new system to deal with the axle hop issue and would like to test it on a local members car. I am located in Chino, CA. We were going to test it at the Orlando event, but I failed to get them made in time for installation and testing at the event. This system will not only hopefully cure this issue but it will help with 60ft times and it will stiffen up the rear chassis substanially. For you road race guys, it doesn't get better then this.

I would prefer to work with someone who has some consistant track numbers for comparison of the 60ft. But I do have another tester set up for this portion, so if that's not possible, no issues. You will be required to do whatever it takes to get a video before and after. All that means is I don't ever beat on a customers car, so I'll film you doing your thing.

I will be replacing your stock rear cradle with my revised cradle I have in the shop. No modifications will be made to the car or your existing suspension. In the event this does not work as designed, I will at no cost to you re-install your stock cradle. I will pay for the alignment for both if needed. But this is only if the axle hop issue is not resolved. And should this be suscessful, I will keep your cradle as a trade-in. Complaints about the increased road noise or stiffness in my opinion are subjective and we will need to discuss that issue if it arises.

To give you some idea of how much this will increase those values. If you've ever ridden or driven a Pedderized car, this will be on par with their system.

I will need your car for maybe a week, but it should only take 2-3 days to install and align. Your cost will be $600.00 and as stated I will take care of the installation and alignment.

You will not be allowed to take pictures or discuss the design of the product until I in writing agree you may release that information. You will be required to sign a none disclosure agreement concerning the same.

You will be allowed and encouraged to openly talk about your impressions of it regardless if it's good or bad. :thumbsup:

All communication will be thru email please: [email protected]

If you're up for it, I will be ready to install the end of next week. I would prefer to get everything done and tested so I can release this product at Spring Fest if possible.

Thanks for the consideration, Cam.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Bump for a good opportunity to help the community and get your ride right coming out of the hole so you 6 speed guys that seem to yip alot get on this now...I think your going to be surprised :thumbsup:
Cam I look forward to meeting you at SF6 :guiness: to bad I can't get Al to come along... :)

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
With all the complaints about wheel hop, I'm surprised that nobody has stepped up to the plate on this offer from Cam.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jeff and same here. InferAl??. Hell we've hung out a few time. I wish he'd come, but I uderstand his back issues and traveling for him is like pulling teeth. Maybe he'll just send Tina out, no worries, we'll show her a good time Al. :browsmiley: :bigthumb:

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Thanks Jeff and same here. InferAl??. Hell we've hung out a few time. I wish he'd come, but I uderstand his back issues and traveling for him is like pulling teeth. Maybe he'll just send Tina out, no worries, we'll show her a good time Al. :browsmiley: :bigthumb:
yes sir the one and only Tina would have fun so would Al he comes by and just uses my car for test fitting some of his mods it's inside and warm compared to his garage... lol

·
Registered
254 Posts
Interested. I'm just worried about snapping an axle.

·
Banned
903 Posts
Wow I just now found this, Wish I lived close to you Cam because I would definately be interested in giving this a shot. I have already bought all of the Pedders bushings for the rear and the Petty's garage coil over kit & Pedders sway bars so would your modified cradle work with what I have already? I'm trying to get most of the suspension & wheel hop issues worked out before I throw another motor in mine that is going to compound the issues.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wait till I get down there for the ***** sys and you can use mine! I gots baaaaad hop!!!
You know what Jeff, you might not be the first 6 speed to get done. But we're sticking a set on your car while it's here later this year. I'd like to have a tester ride in your area. And with your rides ability to scare the living crap out of someone.......your just the guy for the job!. :browsmiley::thumbsup:

Wow I just now found this, Wish I lived close to you Cam because I would definately be interested in giving this a shot. I have already bought all of the Pedders bushings for the rear and the Petty's garage coil over kit & Pedders sway bars so would your modified cradle work with what I have already? I'm trying to get most of the suspension & wheel hop issues worked out before I throw another motor in mine that is going to compound the issues.
Sorry for the long delay dh. I've been swamped until this past weekend. I wish you were closer too. But the Pedders stuff is first rate, you'll be very happy. This just happens to be a less expensive route and will hold it's settings much better.

Alignment testing has been checked and the design for the offset bush is finalized. I'm going to make one revision to one of the insert bushes and increase the dimension of the flange that secures the cradle to the body only because I can and over kill never hurts. Plus these will be anodized.

·
Registered
330 Posts
damn im in so cal and would do it in a heart beat with my 6 speed srt, but 600 is out of my price range :(. was considering getting the hop not, guess ill have to wait and see what you guys have come up with

1 - 12 of 12 Posts